Fall Baseball - One shot.

OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited October 2, 2008 in Sports
My son was asked to play on the Varsity Fall Ball team so I have been taking a few photos.

Here is one I like...

383320312_EdbW4-XL-1.jpg

Nikon D-300
18-200VR
Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited September 30, 2008
    It's a nice composition though it looks a bit "warm" to me.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • attorneyjayattorneyjay Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    OhEddie wrote:
    My son was asked to play on the Varsity Fall Ball team so I have been taking a few photos.

Here is one I like...

383320312_EdbW4-XL-1.jpg

Nikon D-300
    18-200VR

This is one of my favorite views for baseball pics. I'd probably crop off some of the grass in foreground to get tighter shot of pitcher. The pitcher's facial expressions when throwing are often priceless so I try to get a fairly close and clear shot to bring out the face. I bet if you got your son's face just as he is releasing the ball you'd have a unique expression captured. I have a stand-alone gallery for "Best Pitcher's Faces."

Jay
  • monchee10monchee10 Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Hey Eddie,

I have to agree with Jay, this is one of my favorite views for baseball photography. My question is, was this warm up? The pitcher looks a bit relaxed for in-play action.
    Thanks,

Joe
    :thumb
    D200, Sigma 15-30 f3.5-5.6, Nikon 50mm f1.8, 100mm f2.8, SB600
    josephlemasphotography.smugmug.com
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    monchee10 wrote:
    Hey Eddie,

I have to agree with Jay, this is one of my favorite views for baseball photography. My question is, was this warm up? The pitcher looks a bit relaxed for in-play action.

Monchee,

Yes, warm up is the only time I can stand right behind the catcher. I do this in between innings, and I only do it when I know the catcher is very good :D
    ion408 wrote:
    It's a nice composition though it looks a bit "warm" to me.

Ian, yes it is a bit "warm. I set my D300 picture control to nuetral and bump the saturation up one notch. I like what that does to the skin tones, but it does brighten up those orange jerseys a little too much. The prints look great though.
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.