Options

Need Help Identifying Part Of A SM Page I Copied

rouxsterrouxster Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited September 30, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I copied the catalog page and I have gotten rid of everything I need to for the page to look good on my site, but 1 portion. Click on the link below and tell me how I can get rid of the black section below my navbar and above the tables.

http://nolaphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/6077410_8d5wy

All of the links still point to the SM site, which I plan on changing. This gallery does not have any links to it yet - I'm still developing it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    rouxster wrote:
    I copied the catalog page and I have gotten rid of everything I need to for the page to look good on my site, but 1 portion. Click on the link below and tell me how I can get rid of the black section below my navbar and above the tables.

http://nolaphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/6077410_8d5wy

All of the links still point to the SM site, which I plan on changing. This gallery does not have any links to it yet - I'm still developing it.

Thanks.
    Add this to your CSS

.gallery_6077410 #extraDiv1,
    .gallery_6077410 #extraDiv2 {display: none;}

If you are going to use your own footer, the Smugmug footer has to
    be visible.

#my_footer {display: none;}
    .homepage #my_footer {display: block}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Allen wrote:
    Add this to your CSS

.gallery_6077410 #extraDiv1,
    .gallery_6077410 #extraDiv2 {display: none;}

If you are going to use your own footer, the Smugmug footer has to
    be visible.

Thanks Allen, I added the two sections above at the bottom of my css and that didn't get rid of the black top section. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    rouxster wrote:
    Thanks Allen, I added the two sections above at the bottom of my css and that didn't get rid of the black top section. headscratch.gif
    Must be an error in your CSS above it. Add it to the top and see if it works.
  • Options
    rouxster wrote:
    You were not suppose to add this, it's already in your CSS. Point was that it's
    hiding the Smugmug footer which you can't do.

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    rouxster wrote:

Ryan, I'm justing letting you know that your page looks significantly different in Firefox 2, Safari and IE7. Firefox looks the cleanest (except for the stylebar) and both the other two appear to be showing things you probably want hidden.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    jfriend wrote:
    Ryan, I'm justing letting you know that your page looks significantly different in Firefox 2, Safari and IE7. Firefox looks the cleanest (except for the stylebar) and both the other two appear to be showing things you probably want hidden.

Whoa...you're right. I'm commenting out a lot of the code while I work on the page so that I can go back when (not if) I make a mistake. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    Allen wrote:
    You were not suppose to add this, it's already in your CSS. Point was that it's
    hiding the Smugmug footer which you can't do.

rolleyes1.gif Sorry! I fixed it. Because it was showing up on the home page, I didn't notice it missing from the back pages.
  • Options
    Allen wrote:
    Must be an error in your CSS above it. Add it to the top and see if it works.

I added it to the top, but still didn't help. Could it be that I possibly have extraDiv1 and extraDiv2 commented out in the code?

I just wen tback and check, but those two div Id's only appear on two lines, and I don't have them commented out.
  • Options
    rouxster wrote:
    I added it to the top, but still didn't help. Could it be that I possibly have extraDiv1 and extraDiv2 commented out in the code?

I just went back and check, but those two div Id's only appear on two lines, and I don't have them commented out.

It's kind of strange, but this morning, everything looks good headscratch.gif When changes are made to CSS, sometimes do they take a little while to replicate or take effect?
  • Options
    rouxster wrote:
    It's kind of strange, but this morning, everything looks good headscratch.gif When changes are made to CSS, sometimes do they take a little while to replicate or take effect?
    CSS changes are instant.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Allen wrote:
    CSS changes are instant.
    Unless there's some caching somewhere that isn't following the rules.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question