Satin Photo Paper

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited April 20, 2004 in Flea Market
Photo paper costs are killin me... does anyone have a solution? I'm using Kodak Ultima Satin finish and I really like it.. Office Max used to have a great satin finish paper but they seem to have dropped it.. any suggestions.. I'd buy it in bulk if I could.:dunno

Lynn

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2004
    Photo paper costs are killin me... does anyone have a solution? I'm using Kodak Ultima Satin finish and I really like it.. Office Max used to have a great satin finish paper but they seem to have dropped it.. any suggestions.. I'd buy it in bulk if I could.ne_nau.gif

Lynn

Lynn,

I don't have any answer for you except that my experience with the cheap paper has ben very poor. I do use Canon 'High Resolution Paper" for drafts. It's about $0.10 per page, and I use less ink, but it isn't quite photo quality. If your paper costs are killing you how about the ink?
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2004
    It probably depends on your printer. Epsons seem to perform best with Epson paper. My Canon i960 works great with both Canon plus and all of the Kodak papers. I want to try some Ilford, cuz I used to dig that stuff for b&w back in the day.

One of the sites where I read a review of printers had a link to a good bulk paper supplier, but unfortately I don't have it handy.

Try here.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Photo paper costs are killin me... does anyone have a solution? I'm using Kodak Ultima Satin finish and I really like it.. Office Max used to have a great satin finish paper but they seem to have dropped it.. any suggestions.. I'd buy it in bulk if I could.ne_nau.gif

Lynn

Lynn,

I don't have any answer for you except that my experience with the cheap paper has ben very poor. I do use Canon 'High Resolution Paper" for drafts. It's about $0.10 per page, and I use less ink, but it isn't quite photo quality. If your paper costs are killing you how about the ink?
    Yep... ink is killin me too...
    edited April 19, 2004
    fish wrote:
    It probably depends on your printer. Epsons seem to perform best with Epson paper. My Canon i960 works great with both Canon plus and all of the Kodak papers. I want to try some Ilford, cuz I used to dig that stuff for b&w back in the day.

One of the sites where I read a review of printers had a link to a good bulk paper supplier, but unfortately I don't have it handy.

Try here.
    Thanks fish.. gotta be some deals in there somewhere...
  • DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2004
    Affordable paper, NOT
    Lynne, do you have Costco there? I just picked up Epson Premium Glossy, 120 count boxes, 3 for $54.00, I guess that is $18 apiece so .15 per sheet....They also had Kodak Premium as well all 8x10.

Deacon
    edited April 20, 2004
    Deacon wrote:
    Lynne, do you have Costco there? I just picked up Epson Premium Glossy, 120 count boxes, 3 for $54.00, I guess that is $18 apiece so .15 per sheet....They also had Kodak Premium as well all 8x10.

Deacon
    Hi Deacon, thanks... we do have a Costco not too far away but I lucked out and found my Office Max Satin 10 mil 75 sheets for 29.99 and I really like paper. They seemed to stop doing it for a while.

I will check out Costco tho..sounds like they have good deals.
    Lynn:D