Options

Any thoughts on this one

ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
edited May 3, 2005 in Landscapes
It's one of those shots I'm just not sure about, everyone around me seems to like it?

21026218-M-1.jpg

Thanks,
Ed

Comments

• Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    Why wouldn't you like it? ne_nau.gif It's a beautiful shot, full of drama and details. thumb.gif Nothing is perfect.

AJ
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    Ed
    Looks good to me
    Nice wild flowers cool shadows and streams of light thumb.gif

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    KirwinKirwin Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    Hi Ed,

It is a pleasant image, but I have a "gut" feeling you desired that some of those sunbeams were streaming on the side of the mountain your camera was pointed. Knowing that those "beams" would have released their magic of colors and shadows hidden within the crags and peaks of that mountain. Maybe that's why you "feel" the way you do... especially since you know the full potential that mountain has to offer. I hope this helps.

I also have an image that I recently posted I'm unsure of... It's open for target practice! :D
    Regards,
    Kirwin
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    I like this shot. I keep reading about people who apply two layered exposures in one shot. I wonder if that would have increased some of the detail in the mountains in the distance. I suspect if you had spot metered on the mountains, you might have been able to layer in some dramatic detail and coloring which is lost on this shot which metered beautifully on the colors in the foreground.

mitch