It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited August 25, 2009 in Landscapes
This is an old power plant that has been closed for ~20 years. 12 Monkeys was filmed here, and recently some scenes for Transformers 2 were filmed here.

I tried a different processing style here then I've ever used before, tried to get a crossprocessing look about it. At least it's something different. I'll post more from this place, along with the full story soon.

Boring
boring1-xp.jpg

Control
control2-xp.jpg

Crash
crash-xp.jpg

Don't Fall
falling-xp.jpg

Hooked
hooked2.jpg

Time
time-2-tweek-bd.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    WOW the place is clean now! I had heard about that but seeing it is quite a different thing.

I like your processing, actually. I try to do this manually and I never succeed in giving in that aged, vintage look. Very edgey!

A little heavy in the blacks in the darkest shadows, though. But overall I'm loving it. thumb.gif
  • ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    Thanks schmoo! :)

Yes the REALLY cleaned the place up before filming which is nice, most of the 'phantom' tags are gone now which is a huge plus. clap.gif

I'm slowly trying to start doing more tweeks and different processing, I would like to start getting stuff like my friend Martino does (his site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martino_/)

He does A LOT of small tweeks here and then, one day I'll get that hardcore w/ processing. :)
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Wow! I love these (and the post-processing), great compositions all around.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Great looking series!! Love the processing. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get access to such a gem?
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Really nice post-processing! The comps and subject matter are also wonderful. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Wow talk about a thread bump. :D This is indeed a great place but AFAIK it's no longer a reality.
  • BobRBobR Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Lovely comp and processing:D