Options

spot healing tool

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited October 2, 2008 in Finishing School
OK...I just got CS3. I'm working on an image with a number of layers going, and I just want to use the spot healing tool on one tiny little spot. I've even used it already on this image on one of the layers, but this one little white spot on someone's jeans I can not get to go away. I know I must be doing something wrong! Help!!!
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    OK...I just got CS3. I'm working on an image with a number of layers going, and I just want to use the spot healing tool on one tiny little spot. I've even used it already on this image on one of the layers, but this one little white spot on someone's jeans I can not get to go away. I know I must be doing something wrong! Help!!!

Is the image with the jeans copied to multiple layers? If so, you need to set the the healing tool to sample all layers (checkbox on the toolbar.)

Edit: It is also a good practice to place a blank layer above your image and perform your healing on that layer so that you do not alter your originals. :-)
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    Is the image with the jeans copied to multiple layers? If so, you need to set the the healing tool to sample all layers (checkbox on the toolbar.)

Edit: It is also a good practice to place a blank layer above your image and perform your healing on that layer so that you do not alter your originals. :-)

THANK YOU!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    FreezframeFreezframe Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Copy !!!!
    Hopefully you've made a copy !!!!

Brady thumb.gif
    Dad/Photograher:ivar