First Newborn Shoot

ClubFlysClubFlys Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited October 3, 2008 in People
Pretty much my first attempt. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

383629349_DzVAE-M.jpg

383630351_upmPD-M.jpg

383630757_n2Bmk-M.jpg

Not too enthusiastic about this one...
383631514_6W5fv-M.jpg

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    I love baby feet! Newborns are a lot harder to photograph than one might think, and I think you are off to a good start. I've just started with it recently, as well.

On that last one, I find the disembodied arm disturbing, but it could work with a tighter crop so the edge isn't showing. The baby looks a little overexposed to me. I like how the hand fades away into the shadows.

I think I'd like the first one with the thumb out of the way.

In the second one, the thumb on the foot doesn't bother me, but the baby's fingers in the background are a little distracting.

Caroline
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Flip the image
    I am a big fan of "baby parts" too.

I think what the arm holding the baby needs is a good flip job.

And I have vocalized before, I am not a white diaper fan either - the second would be better with a tighter crop.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    nice lighting, hands and feet are perfect. I am also not a fan of the last one. Her face gets lost in her chest and shooting from above the head makes the baby's face look long. But its a learning process with babies...good job for a first timer though!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 3, 2008
    Congrates on your first bb shoot. I like the warm tones in the first one. I have my first newborn bb shoot coming up this saturday. I am excited to give it a try.