Options

Smugmug layout is wrong

dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
edited October 1, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Any clues on what happened to my smugmug layout?
http://www.dterryphotography.com/gallery/5907689_ncZ4K#384220412_tq2PD

When I look at that page with Firefox 3.03, the big image is UNDERNEATH the thumbs, leaving the right hand side of the page blank.

When I look at the same page under IE7 it looks fine.

This only just recently happened. It might have coincided with the recent 3.03 update of Firefox. Can anyone verify that? Is it a smugmug problem or a Firefox problem?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Can we get a screenshot?

I see this:

20081001-f5uer1wbiswyi8wu6bus4dyjea.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    As I went to make the screen capture, I resized my Firefox window and played with dragging the sides to make the window larger or smaller. In most cases, as I dragged the right edge of the window, the "large image" would pop up into the correct position on the right side of the screen ... and then drop back down to the bottom as soon as I let go of the mouse.

So it looks like it's TRYING to put the image up where it belongs. Here's what it looks like after I finish resizing the window (I've scrolled the top of the window off the top to help give context to what you're seeing):

384364773_rrVcT-L.png
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    Also, just to rule out the possibility: I logged out of my site so that I would be viewing it the same way you did. No change. It still had the image at the bottom of the screen.

Where you testing with FF 3.03?
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    dwterry wrote:
    As I went to make the screen capture, I resized my Firefox window and played with dragging the sides to make the window larger or smaller. In most cases, as I dragged the right edge of the window, the "large image" would pop up into the correct position on the right side of the screen ... and then drop back down to the bottom as soon as I let go of the mouse.

So it looks like it's TRYING to put the image up where it belongs. Here's what it looks like after I finish resizing the window (I've scrolled the top of the window off the top to help give context to what you're seeing):

384364773_rrVcT-L.png
    it's a firefox issue, on resize of the window. Gallery should appear normal when you click a link and go to it.

1. Clear cache, completely.
    2. Close Firefox.
    3. Go here: http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/6103417_JKbKD#384148812_bNCig
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    Yes, FF 3.03

20081001-ddyi51ja6bj3ejdg85stng6w2t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    Here are my results:

1) No cache clearing steps taken, clicked on the Moon River link. Page looks fine, big image on the right.

2) Back on my page, hit CTRL-F5 to reload the page. No change, big image on the bottom.

3) Clicked Tools | Clear Private Data and made sure it was set to clear the cache. Did so, exited FF. Reloaded FF. Went back to my page. No change, big image on the bottom.

Confused. :(
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    Also, went to my friend's smugmug (callstudios.smugmug.com) and his galleries look fine.

Visited a few of my own galleries (other than the one in question) and they look fine. (could have sworn they were wrong before too)

Interesting. Just went back to the Open House gallery I showed at the beginning ... and now it is CORRECT!

YEAH! I have no idea what changed though.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    AHA!

Okay, when I view my Open House gallery using dwterry.smugmug.com the gallery is viewed correctly. But when using www.dterryphotography.com that's when the big image is at the bottom.

Strange.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    Other galleries (not the Open House gallery) are equally wrong (big image at the bottom) when browsing my site as www.dterryphotography.com.

So that's definitely the difference ...... for me. (I realize you used my domain link as I gave it to you, so I still can't explain why it's working for you)
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    dwterry wrote:
    Other galleries (not the Open House gallery) are equally wrong (big image at the bottom) when browsing my site as www.dterryphotography.com.

So that's definitely the difference ...... for me. (I realize you used my domain link as I gave it to you, so I still can't explain why it's working for you)
    Addons? What have you got running?
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    I think I might have it figured out!

I was thinking text size was smaller than normal... so I played with hitting CTRL-plus and CTRL-minus to adjust text size. I noticed that SM lays out the gallery again with each change (interesting how it adjusts so that smaller sizes can fit a lot more thumbnails on the screen).

Anyway, just hitting CTRL keys (including CTRL-0 to reset) didn't bring back the big image.

However, clicking View | Zoom | Reset fixed it. (I would have thought it was the same thing as CTRL-0 ... or maybe I just needed to refresh the screen myself)

Anyway, I played with it some more. It's difficult to cause it to happen ... but by hitting CTRL-plus and CTRL-minus I was able to cause the big image to drop to the bottom again. And CTRL-0 then reset it.

I also found that setting the FF zoom to "text only" keeps the images the same size and completely avoids the issue. I decided I like that a LOT better. Going to keep that setting on from now on!

Thanks for taking your time to try to help.