Photo Plus Expo New York

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited October 23, 2012 in The Big Picture
Is anyone going to PDN in New York later this month?

Does SMugmug have a display booth?

More info: http://www.photoplusexpo.com/ppe/index.jsp

I have never been, but it may work out that I can get there. Registration is free (until 10/3) for the show, with fees for seminars.

It looks good - not as good as Photokina, but interesting.

Has anyone been?

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    We'll be there, look for me in a Red Smuggy Hat!

It's a wonderful show, and I go every year - you really should go. Don't forget the awesome learning sessions - there are a ton and you can really improve your skills.
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Click the image:

7fbb2dd334d04aefb1fd905f914c706b.jpg
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    We'll be there, look for me in a Red Smuggy Hat!

It's a wonderful show, and I go every year - you really should go. Don't forget the awesome learning sessions - there are a ton and you can really improve your skills.

Can I buy a smuggy hat from the smugmug gift shop?
    Growing with Dgrin

• ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    I went!
    I did end up going to PDn and really enjoyed it.

Quite a big show in Javits Center:

402668234_yAHro-L.jpg

You could see many of the name photogs fairly easily:

Joe McNally speaking to a group of about 20:
    402318942_QEE8n-L.jpg

Did also end up talking to or seeing: Vincent Laforet, Jessica Claire, Kevin Kabuta, Gary Fong, and a bunch of others.

Lots of booths for book printing and design templates. Looks like a growing area.

Smugmug did have a display, but I never did see it manned. It seemed like quite an afterthought:

402319110_GMds4-L.jpg

(I kept checking for SmugMug straps, bud didnt see any!)

A couple random NYC snaps:

402319678_zfE7b-L.jpg

402317210_xq4gA-L.jpg

A wet Times Square:

402321555_xxTxz-L.jpg

And a very dark Grand Central Station:

402330881_tKcqc-L.jpg

Overall a very interesting show, well worth the trip. Easy to talk to any of the reps, good demos, and a manageable crowd. I recommend it to all for next year.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    Zanotti wrote:

Smugmug did have a display, but I never did see it manned. It seemed like quite an afterthought:

402319110_GMds4-L.jpg

(I kept checking for SmugMug straps, bud didnt see any!)
    Did you not take one of the cards on the table? There are stacks of them there in the photo you took :)

We were there, Popular Photo allowed us at late notice to share their booth - we don't spend a lot of your money on marketing, sorry!

Markham and I were there on Thursday, Markham on Friday and Satarday.. we said hello to thousands and enjoyed meeting lots of Smuggers - sorry we missed you!

402700400_nFrow-M.jpg
    edited October 26, 2008
    Not for straps on the table, but looking at all the attendeees for them to be wearing straps!

(I have mine, and it would be unfair to ask for another!)
    edited October 23, 2012
    Photo Expo is again this week. Its become an annual tradition for me. I'll be there Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

Lookiing forward to seeing everything new!