edited October 2, 2008 in Landscapes
On the St. Louis riverfront.

384415259_75d9B-L.jpg
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Cool shot with tug looking almost like a toy. The processing takes on almost a metallic quality on the water's surface. I do wish that the tug was a bit closer/larger in the frame so it doesn't get lost in the expanse of the photo as much but I imagine that you had some limitations on your shooting vantage point (unless you learned to walk on water and then we have a whole other story.)
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    Cool shot with tug looking almost like a toy. The processing takes on almost a metallic quality on the water's surface. I do wish that the tug was a bit closer/larger in the frame so it doesn't get lost in the expanse of the photo as much but I imagine that you had some limitations on your shooting vantage point (unless you learned to walk on water and then we have a whole other story.)

What? You guys can't walk on water? Geez, I'm looking for another forum.

Good critique, Travis. I appreciate it. I agree. All I had was my 18-200mm, but I wanted to get the bridge top in the frame. I probably should have waited a minute for the tug to get a little closer. But I was sinking in the water and Jesus had to pull me back into our boat.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Brilliant shot, love the DOF and choice of B&W (good conversion too).
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Nice shot. By the wake I see it is coming, but I almost want to see it heading out..into the mist.
    Growing with Dgrin

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Very nice shot! The way the bridge is blurred by mist does make the tugboat look extra small, like a toy, and therefore even cuter than they already are lol3.gif

The poor thing looks tilted, too. Maybe they're finally coming home after a long night!