Options

Pricing

picmompicmom Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited October 1, 2008 in SmugMug Support
What if I don't want to offer to my customers all the standard sizes and merchandise that smugmug offers me? I am setting my prices and everything to make an order for myself before I advertise this to my customers. Any ideas?
Also, what can I do to make sure my customer can find my smugmug site? I couldn't find it by typing in www.chrystalsphotos.smugmug.com.
Thanks!:scratch

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    If you do not wish to offer particular sizes/products, delete the value in the "Price" column (the only column you can make inputs). This will remove it from the list of available items for sale - be sure to check this either by logging out, or in "Visitor View". If you leave a $0.00 in that field, the items will be available at no profit to you.

I was able to reach your site, both through the link you posted, as well as by typing it in manually (I'm using Firefox 3.0)
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 1, 2008
    If you don't want to offer a particular size or product you must set the price for that item to $0.00.
    If you leave the price field blank then the items will be available to your visitors at smug's prices.
    When you're logged in you will be able to buy everything at smug's prices.

See this help page for more details - http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing.

--- Denise
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    I think that's backwards, Denise. I see what the page you linked shows, but I just checked my galleries - I only have a few sizes with pricing, and the rest are blank. Only the items with prices show. When I had a zero in the field, it showed as an available product with no markup.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 1, 2008
    moose135 wrote:
    I think that's backwards, Denise. I see what the page you linked shows, but I just checked my galleries - I only have a few sizes with pricing, and the rest are blank. Only the items with prices show. When I had a zero in the field, it showed as an available product with no markup.
    Really? Did you mean for this photo at 4x5.3 to be available for 21 cents when you have a 4x6 at 6 dollars?

Here's a link to the gallery I looked at - http://moose135.smugmug.com/gallery/5031569_86Ntg#301280212_ZJuDB.
    The prices really do need to be set to zero to exclude the items.

Make sure to look at the prices when you are logged out.

--- Denise
  • Options
    picmompicmom Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Thanks Denise!! IT WORKED!!

Really? Did you mean for this photo at 4x5.3 to be available for 21 cents when you have a 4x6 at 6 dollars?

Here's a link to the gallery I looked at - http://moose135.smugmug.com/gallery/5031569_86Ntg#301280212_ZJuDB.
    The prices really do need to be set to zero to exclude the items.

Make sure to look at the prices when you are logged out.

--- Denise