Options

Anybody else joined / planning to join the bschool?

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited October 1, 2008 in Weddings
My holy goodness .... soooo many photographers joined already!!

http://thebschool.com

Have a peek, it's quite cool (+ check out Becker's wedding photography podcasts - for those who don't know him)

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    My holy goodness .... soooo many photographers joined already!!

http://thebschool.com

Have a peek, it's quite cool (+ check out Becker's wedding photography podcasts - for those who don't know him)

I'm no wedding photog, but I've been following along with his blog for awhile and have been curious about the school. So much of his info is applicable outside of wedding photography, so I'd consider a $10 month trial. I'm more interested in the learning aspect of it, over the networking aspect at this point, so I'm not sure if it's a good fit for me right now. But, I'd love to hear what others think!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    I'm no wedding photog, but I've been following along with his blog for awhile and have been curious about the school. So much of his info is applicable outside of wedding photography, so I'd consider a $10 month trial. I'm more interested in the learning aspect of it, over the networking aspect at this point, so I'm not sure if it's a good fit for me right now. But, I'd love to hear what others think!

I've had a quick peek into the forums today after I signed up (boy, you can get lost in there with all that useful info - definitely not the thing to do at the beginning of a day ... haha)

I definitely think it's a cool "tool" / website. VERY useful information & it's nice to chat with others that are in the same field (don't know many wedding photographers in Boston) ... so ... pretty cool + it took me ages to get some certain insider info, and it looks like it could be really easy now.

$10 for a sneak peek is definitely a good offer + then you can see if it's useful for you or not thumb.gif
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Becker
    Becker and Jessica Claire are an item as I understand it.

In any case, there is an all wedding and portrait forum called Digital Wedding Forum that is similar to Dgrin that is very interesting from a pro perspective. It's not free and it's private unless you are a start member or if you are pro it's not open to where clients can read the posts.

There is a lot of information there too.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    It's funny, I had decided I didn't like Becker before I'd ever met him.

When I did get to spend some time with him, it turns out he is a really nice guy who has a lot to share. Good guy to have a night out with as well :D

I signed up for the $10/month, but I can't imagine being a regular. First, a lot of the people there are the little Becker groupie type - not for me thanks. Then there is the site itself with all those ugly ads, I can do without that too!

Personally, I'll stick with DWF.

The site I would be interested in joining is ICE Society by Jerry Ghionis. Other than the fact the wife says we need a new fridge I would have signed up already. More expensive than Becker or DWF, the quality of Jerry's teaching is great.
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    ...if it wasn't for that "and shop" tag on everything...
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    Hm, I don't know. I don't really like their website either, but then the ads don't really bother me that much ... always the same, so it's easy to just not look at them. I see the becker-groupie point ... but then ... it IS kinda fun to get to know the wedding photographers in your area a bit better + share some insider stuff. ne_nau.gif Quite curious about it ... Don't think Becker will be focal person either, looks like it will drive itself ...

Anyway, thought I would see who on here is on there mwink.gif