A few from RIR...NASCAR

craftgirlcraftgirl Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited October 2, 2008 in Sports
I was surprised there are no recent Nascar events showing here...

Thanks to tropical storm Hanna, I had a pretty great day at Richmond International Speedway! Enjoy...

CARLTheFlip1RIRWMS908.jpg
#1- Wish I had been better prepared for these....Not the best but I got it...lol

CARLTheFlip2RIRWMS908.jpg
#2- You can be rest assured that the next night race will have better results (in photographs that is, It is always good when Carl wins!)

CarlTrophy2RIRWMS908.jpg
#3 Carl Edwards

CarlWinRIRWMS908.jpg
#4- Gotta love the passion!

DReutiman2RIRWMS908.jpg
#5- David Reutiman
Tracy :rofl
Canon Stuff
www.craftgirlcreations.smugmug.com

Comments

• craftgirlcraftgirl Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    A few more....

JJohnsonVL3RIRWMS908.jpg
    #6- Jimmie Johnson wins the cup race...I was more excited about the gatorade bottle...lol (no offense to JJ fans at all, I love him. I do. I just love the gatorade bottle more)

JJohnsonVL5RIRWMS908.jpg
    #7- Victory Lane is always a blast!

JJohnsonVL6RIRWMS908.jpg
    #8- Sometimes my nerves still get the best of me...Focus, Tracy, Focus!!!
    Canon Stuff
    edited October 1, 2008
    This will be it for now...

MAmbrose2RIRWMS908.jpg
    Marcos Ambrose

CBowyerRIRWMS908.jpg
    Clint Bowyer

ESadler2RIRWMS908-1.jpg
    Elliot Sadler in the rain

KensethStewartRIRWMS908.jpg
    Matt Kenseth and Tony Stewart
    Canon Stuff
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Cool shots!!! I like Carl's flip shots :)
    edited October 1, 2008
    BBiggs wrote:
    Cool shots!!! I like Carl's flip shots :)

Thanks so much Brenton.

I wish they were perfect! of all the races I have been too, He only wins the ones at night...lol. The flip shot I got of him winning his Busch series championship was at night too...Practice practice and more dang practice...
    Canon Stuff
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Judging b the proximity, I'm assuming that you had a pit pass - much better than shooting through the fence :D. Very nice set of images. thumb.gif How some of the racing itself?
    edited October 1, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    Judging b the proximity, I'm assuming that you had a pit pass - much better than shooting through the fence :D. Very nice set of images. thumb.gif How some of the racing itself?

Travis, My friend, it's been a while. I hope all is well...

I am completely unhappy with my on the track shots...I just havent had enough practice shooting at night. I was terribly disappointed. I will throw a couple on here if everyone promises to give me constructive critisism...lol.mwink.gif
    Canon Stuff
    edited October 1, 2008
    RIR477.jpg

RIR581wreck21.jpg

RIRJMoore908395.jpg

RIRJMoore908396.jpg

RIRPushingCar908532.jpg
    Canon Stuff
  • BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    So jealous!! What kind of credentials do you need to get a pit pass? I like the shots - not sure what you want C&C about!! Maybe could be a bit brighter - but aside from that, i like them. Faces, action... All good.

...Mind you, you could show me any picture FACING the crowd and my jealousy wouldnt allow me to anything bad about it! rolleyes1.gif

What equipment were you using?
    ...more to come!
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    I like the action shots alot. Especially number 2 - the lighting is right so that you can clearly see the detail while also experiencing the grungy feeling of a nighttime race. thumb.gif The panning and angle on #1 is a close 2nd!
    edited October 2, 2008
    So jealous!! What kind of credentials do you need to get a pit pass? I like the shots - not sure what you want C&C about!! Maybe could be a bit brighter - but aside from that, i like them. Faces, action... All good.

...Mind you, you could show me any picture FACING the crowd and my jealousy wouldnt allow me to anything bad about it! rolleyes1.gif

What equipment were you using?

Hey BCS! Thanks for the compliments and the vote of confidence. I still have plenty room for a lot more practice...

Many of the tracks offer pre-race pit passes for sale to the general public. I also have a couple of friends who help me out with a few races a season.

As far as the C&C goes, I am having difficulty getting my settings right at night with a flash. I don't want to be totally rid of the effect that Travis mentions (I like the grainy-ness) but I would like a little more sharpness...Unfortunately there are only a few night races per season and I can only get to one of them and I hesitate to go out to the beltway for practice...lol

I like your bike stuff. One of these days I would like to get out to Buds Creek here in Maryland and shoot some motocross.

I am a Canon girl.
    Canon Stuff
    edited October 2, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    I like the action shots alot. Especially number 2 - the lighting is right so that you can clearly see the detail while also experiencing the grungy feeling of a nighttime race. thumb.gif The panning and angle on #1 is a close 2nd!

Thanks Travis, I also appreciate the "grungy feeling of nightime racing". Still wish they were sharper though...lol

#2 is the closest to a wreck I have had a chance to shoot in a long time...One of these days I will get a bonafide wreck. It's one of my missions.
    Canon Stuff