Fall at 5200 feet

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited October 3, 2008 in Landscapes
5200 feet up on the flank of Mt. baker, at Artist Point, the autumn season is short, but on a clear day the colors - and the views - are spectacular! i went up this last Sunday and got these shots... i know the light's pretty harsh, but i'd heard the road to Artist Point was closed, so i didn't bother leaving early, planning only to shoot Mt. Shuksan, which is best photographed in the late afternoon. but when i arrived, i discovered the road to Artist Point was open, and just had to take advantage of the views...

shot using a Canon 40D with Tamron 17-35 lens and grad ND4 filter, nominal exposure at 1/60 @ f/13, 3 frames bracketed at +1.6/0/-1.6 and processed in Photomatix Pro...

MtBakerAutumnsm-2.jpg

BakerAutumnhorizsm-1.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    These are two very nice images! I really like the vertical orientation the most! Nice work on these, and yes the colors are great :)
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    I actually think the light is fine! The road to Artist Point was only closed for a day due to snow, and then today when I was there it was like 80 degrees and I got a sunburn (in October!).
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:
    I actually think the light is fine! The road to Artist Point was only closed for a day due to snow, and then today when I was there it was like 80 degrees and I got a sunburn (in October!).

yeah, it was very pleasant when i was there as well... and a bit crowded too, but that's to be expected on one of the last sunny weekends of the season before the whole place is covered with snow...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Very good images. Great photography.

But when I read the title of your post I thought maybe you had taken pictures after you had fallen from a cliff 5200 feet up. That would have been really cool. rolleyes1.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • bskaranbskaran Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    these are looking superb. very well done. clap.gif
    Cheers - Karan

WWW.bskaran.com
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    bskaran wrote:
    these are looking superb. very well done. clap.gif

15524779-Ti.gif Well done thumb.gif