HS Seniors-A few from last weekend

picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
edited October 3, 2008 in People
Thought I would share just a few photos from last weekend!
382918618_Ui5Mi-M.jpg

383556695_woHJU-M.jpg

382646822_wu3iK-M.jpg

383765549_c9DDT-M.jpg

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Great job!:D

In general, I like the poses you have shown here. The flash work looks great....a nice balance with the ambient light. Overall, a successful outing I'd say.

-1 The bright spot in the BG is limiting your exposure here. A bump in exposure on the subject would be nice, but the spot in the BG is overexposed. Avoiding things like this in the BG is your best bet.

-2 Very nice, but again the brightness (sidewalk?) running through the background. If indeed it is a sidewalk then placing him just on the other side of it...in the shade would have given you two things. First...it wouldn't be a distraction behind him...and it would have also provided some killer fill light and catchlights in his eyes.

-3 Nice exposure here and the flashwork is top-notch. This pose...arms-crossed....usually appears defensive, but his warm smile dissolves any of those feelings. Good job! To nit pick, it could benifit from some clone work over the brightest of the highlights in the BG.

-4 Agian...very nice...He could use a tad more exposure....but not the BG. Yes...you have super hot highlights in the BG, but here it looks very nice!

Again...great job! I like your use of vignettes also!
  • picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Great job!:D

In general, I like the poses you have shown here. The flash work looks great....a nice balance with the ambient light. Overall, a successful outing I'd say.

-1 The bright spot in the BG is limiting your exposure here. A bump in exposure on the subject would be nice, but the spot in the BG is overexposed. Avoiding things like this in the BG is your best bet.

-2 Very nice, but again the brightness (sidewalk?) running through the background. If indeed it is a sidewalk then placing him just on the other side of it...in the shade would have given you two things. First...it wouldn't be a distraction behind him...and it would have also provided some killer fill light and catchlights in his eyes.

-3 Nice exposure here and the flashwork is top-notch. This pose...arms-crossed....usually appears defensive, but his warm smile dissolves any of those feelings. Good job! To nit pick, it could benifit from some clone work over the brightest of the highlights in the BG.

-4 Agian...very nice...He could use a tad more exposure....but not the BG. Yes...you have super hot highlights in the BG, but here it looks very nice!

Again...great job! I like your use of vignettes also!

Wow, thanks so much for checking them out and giving some critique! I agree with all the above and will watch for those hot spots more next time. I will be shooting at the same location this Sunday, we'll see how I do, it's supposed to be cloudy so that may benefit me??!!!
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 3, 2008
    have you notices how old the seniors look now a days compared to those of us who graduated in the seventies??????eek7.gif

I agree with the critiques that Jeff gave above. Great poses though! thumb.gif Good luck on your next shoot. Overcast day might help calm down some of the brightness in the background.