Flowers - with Vivitar 90/2.5

CCROYCCROY Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited October 5, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
This Vivitar 90/2.5 Macro lens has amazing IQ.

Though I bought it after seeing some incredible macros shot by photogs, I am not sure whether I am able to exploit the capabilities of the legendary lens. I am still shooting hand held, not using tripod, no flash and no artificial backgrounds.

These some shots for your criticism. If you don't like the shots it is my fault.

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg
CCROY

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Your work will really benefit from starting to use a tripod on a regular basis. You have an eye for composition and framing but your photos show a fuzziness that is detracting from their impact. Tripods can be a pain in the butt to fool with but, if you're going to pursue these types of shots, it is almost mandatory to use one. Your ratio of keepers will increase dramatically when you do.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CCROYCCROY Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    Your work will really benefit from starting to use a tripod on a regular basis. You have an eye for composition and framing but your photos show a fuzziness that is detracting from their impact. Tripods can be a pain in the butt to fool with but, if you're going to pursue these types of shots, it is almost mandatory to use one. Your ratio of keepers will increase dramatically when you do.

Tom

Thanks for your review and the suggessions.

I am thinking of getting a Manfrotto but unable to decide on what model shall I go for. I also need to start using the Photoshop for PP
    CCROY