Melbourne Docklands

ChristopherJAshdownChristopherJAshdown Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited October 6, 2008 in Landscapes
I've had two goes at this one, but still not happy with it. Anyone got some suggestions for a third attempt? It would be greatly appreciated.:scratch

381151996_LHGxw-X2.jpg

317503895_zR7nm-X2.jpg

2. B&W
317510944_xNssB-X2.jpg

p.s. sorry about the signature, it's a bit over powering. Not likely to use that again.

Comments

• JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Very nice. Of the #2s I like the color version best.
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Ya know, I have no idea why you are not happy with these photos. They are
    really quite nice shots. Well done. Sweet. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif The B&W is on the
    dark side (for me) (tiny tad) but still is a high value workup as I look at it. Sure I'd go with pic #2 out of the set but they are all really nice.

Keep your signature. Nice presentation. Don't be sorry for it. Its right that
    it be there as YOU like. Heck, I need to work me up a cool signature. :D

You figured it out I need too.

Michael
    Michael
  • b29b29 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    nr 2 I like best clap.gif
    edited October 3, 2008
    I do like both of the colored ones, but if I were going to select one to put on my wall it would be #1. The colors in #1 are simply beautiful. The only slight nit I have with it concerns the second building in from the left. It seems overly dark and keeps drawing my eye to it. The left most building tho darker doesn't have that effect on me (perhaps because it's smaller). I'd love to see that second building lightened up just a tad.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • ChristopherJAshdownChristopherJAshdown Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    I do like both of the colored ones, but if I were going to select one to put on my wall it would be #1. The colors in #1 are simply beautiful. The only slight nit I have with it concerns the second building in from the left. It seems overly dark and keeps drawing my eye to it. The left most building tho darker doesn't have that effect on me (perhaps because it's smaller). I'd love to see that second building lightened up just a tad.

Thanks, and I see your point. I could fix this up with a bit of PS work.

Thanks to all for the comments and DaddyO - I'm glad you liked them.

I think I might take another shot with #2's composition and at twilight like the colors in #1. I'll post it back here when it's done. If there are any more comments, it would be great to hear them.

Thanks again to all.thumb.gif
  • HarrymacHarrymac Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Absolutely cracking stuffthumb.gifthumb