Football Collage

J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
edited October 3, 2008 in Sports
Made this for my nephew, just wanted to share it, to see if anyone had any comments on it.

385048196_A4H9y-M.jpg
-Joe Allen
My Smugmug Site

Comments

• streegshooterstreegshooter Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Good stuff. I like to play around with these all the time, and have sold over 60 now in less than a year. :) 2x3ft posters for $80.00

269282962_PCRmM-L-2.jpg

FULL GALLERY
  • rockcanyonphotosrockcanyonphotos Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Nice job. as for c&c. strictly personal preference but I would drop the black border and make the blurred background the backdrop for the entire poster, change out the text for the name with something bolder... similar to what was used for "CROSS" in the poster below yours, then use a mask with maybe 25% opacity to try and blend the feet into the background a bit to avoid the mangled cleat look when you have to extract the photo from grass (always a pain)

regards, Kevin
    www.rockcanyonphotos.com

Canon 1DM4, 300mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8, 200mm 1.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 85mm 1.8
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    feet in the grass are always hard. I try to cover then with letters or some thing when ever I can
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    family guy wrote:
    Made this for my nephew, just wanted to share it, to see if anyone had any comments on it.
    Overall its a good job. I struggle myself with collages. I just need to develop an artistic side for this sort of stuff. I'd agree with losing the black border and also changing the font for the child's name to something much more flashy. The example given by Kevin is just stunning!
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Good stuff. I like to play around with these all the time, and have sold over 60 now in less than a year. :) 2x3ft posters for $80.00
    That is a stunnig poster Kevin! In my opinion worth well more than you're charging. I'd love to have the artistic vision to create stuff like this for the cars I photograph.

The font, and in particular the coloring effects around the text, are really cool.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    I like it, but..
    family guy wrote:

385048196_A4H9y-M.jpg
    I like this. It's a good start. My opinion, keep the border. There really isn't anything interesting going on in the background, and the border helps to frame it a little bit.

What really bugs me, though, is the two poses on the left are lit vastly different than the one on the right. Is there another pose that you could use that's lit more similarly? It (IMHO) just destroys the continuity of the poster.

Perhaps you could hide the feet a little by doing something like this (I played with this a little in PS. Hope you don't mind.) I'm not sure I love the font, or anything, but this is just an idea. :)
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • streegshooterstreegshooter Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Hey thanks guys. I have spent alot of time with this and developed quite a bit from my first design (That example was actually like my third).

Because I was asked about this ... If anyone would be interested in having me do design work for them (With pictures you've taken of sports, cars, etc), I would be happy to. Of course nothing can be free but I would be happy to work something out with you.

And I dont mean to take away from the original thread intent. I am sure that if Mr.Spencer saw this, he would love it! Keep working and playing and it will come, just like anything. thumb.gif