Options

Bachelorette Photo Shoot

geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
edited October 7, 2008 in Weddings
I've been hired to shoot a Bachelorette party this Saturday. They are planning a scavenger hunt during the late afternoon all over downtown Toronto, then partying in the hotel during the evening with it ending in the bar. I've been asked by a family friend (the bride) to follow them around and snap candids of the good times. Any advice here on what to bring and what to expect?

Equipment I will bring (not necessarily always with me though) includes my 14-24 2.8 (for fun shots) and 24-70 2.8 and sb800 on a D700 (D80 as backup). I don't want to bring the 70-200 2.8 as it is very large. I have other lenses as well, but I'm pretty sure this should cover the wide gamut of shots. :scratch

Any ideas on posing or what to avoid/make sure I do photograph?!
"They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
My Photo Blog
Twitter Feed

Comments

• Options
    cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Sounds like a fun shoot, definitly the wide angle for the in the hotel shots, the 70-200 might be fun for the scavenger hunt, and it really is an awesome portrait lens...If it were me I'd be tempted to just go with those two and not worry about shifting lenses all the time, just get the action when it's happening!!!

btw, love your avatar...tpb foreva!
  • Options
    DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    The 70-200 for sure!! You can stand off and become invisible to the party yet get the great candids! And also the 14-24. Thats What I would take along!
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    24-70 and wear the 70-200 around your waist for quick access.
    The wide angle sounds good in theory but really you won't use it for more than a couple shots.
    80% of your shots will probably be with the 70-200 so you don't have to be right in the middle of their fun.
    Have fun by the way that is the key. If they are having fun you will get awesome pics.
    Don't forget to came back and post them for us to see.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    How did it go?? :D