Three from Cape Neddick Maine

hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
edited October 3, 2008 in Landscapes
Here are some shots from Cape Neddick, Maine. The Cape Neddick Lighthouse is one of the more photographed in New England. The lighthouse sits on its own island about 50 feet offshore.

C&C always welcome.

385126166_2R7Dx-L.jpg

385126274_ufGcg-L.jpg

385126413_7fCTq-L.jpg

Comments

• cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Really like #3. The photo seems to really pop. Looks like a beautiful day!

Stephanie
  • RazRaz Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    I agree.

#1 is a bit too tightly framed for me. #2 is missing something IMHO, but #3 really nails it. Good on'ya.

Raz
    "Each piece, or part, of the whole of nature is always merely an
    approximation to the complete truth..."

-- Richard Feynman (1918-1988)

My Galleries
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Really like #3. The photo seems to really pop. Looks like a beautiful day!

Stephanie

Thank you, Stephanie. Yes it was a beautiful day and I'm glad I decided to take a day off.
    edited October 3, 2008
    Raz wrote:
    I agree.

#1 is a bit too tightly framed for me. #2 is missing something IMHO, but #3 really nails it. Good on'ya.

Raz

Raz, thanks for the comments. I'm glad you liked #3.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Ever since I downloaded a Christmas desktop photo of this lighthouse it's fascinated me. I managed to collect about 3 more images large enough to use in my screen saver. So I enjoyed the wider angle of your #3 photo. It's odd how mostly the same angle is photographed, so I found your #1 photo interesting, showing what looks like a ramp to one side.

Thanks for posting! In case anyone is interested, here is the lighthouse desktop image I downloaded, by Ron Phillips http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/details/1437/christmas_lighthouse.html

And to think Ed and I drove past York on our way to Bar Harbor many, many years ago. sigh.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    i really want to go back to Maine... the "down east" coast is simply stunning, so many photographic treasures there... i have an old film shot of the Pemaquid Point light somewhere in my attic, i think... i'd love to re-shoot that with the gear i have now!!!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    i should have been a lighthouse keeper when i grew up....

do you do any ND shots?
    Aaron Nelson
    edited October 3, 2008
    i should have been a lighthouse keeper when i grew up....

do you do any ND shots?

I have been doing some exposure blending lately but it's been purely digital. I've been thinking about getting a ND grad filter but local shops are always out of stock and I haven't bothered to order one online. An example of exposure blending can be found here...

http://hawkeye978.smugmug.com/gallery/6035202_yW58L//377896979_vf7pH

That sunrise sequence is the first time I made the attempt so I was somewhat happy with the result. I'm thinking of going out again soon if the weather cooperates.