Options

renaming software / web slide show tools

MalindiMalindi Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited October 2, 2008 in Finishing School
Greetings ...

I'm looking for a good way to reduce the size of my JPG files and make them available on my site in a decent slideshow format. A lot of the tools, like Jalbum, and are pretty rudimentary. I'd like something that looks good and runs low-bandwidth html or maybe JavaScript.
What's a good (free?) option these days? I had SmugMug at one point but found it annoying.

Another thing I am in need of is a way to rename files and add a sequential number in the filename string. I have Lightroom but it seems to totally screw up and can't sequence numbers. I installed v2 of Lightroom and it's a disaster, by the way.

Thanks for any feedback

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,903 moderator
    edited October 2, 2008
    Not sure what you found annoying about SmugMug? I use it and find it refreshingly good stuff.

If you really want freeware then I suggest (on Windows platform) a combination of Picasa and IrfanView.

Picasa is a fine little swiss-army-knife type tool and you can use it to upload images to Picasa Web Albums or SmugMug. You can make copies of whole directories of images to a reduced size and then apply sharpening for the web across all of the copies (but one-at-a-time).

Alternately, IrfanView has batch interpolation/resizing and batch sharpening that, I believe, are much more customizable.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    MalindiMalindi Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Not sure what you found annoying about SmugMug? I use it and find it refreshingly good stuff.
    I find the UI very unintuitive. Thanks for the other pointers.