Options

Ireland

RYANPHOTORYANPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited October 2, 2008 in Journeys
Ireland- One of my favorite places to visit! I made 2 trips there in 2005 & 2006 to meet long lost relatives. I'm big into my ancestry & genealogy so it was a big dream come true.

An awesome place to visit is the Rock of Cashel in County Tipperary. Site of a 1000+ year old church and where Brian Boru became king of all Ireland. Everywhere you look is another amazing photograph. I found these scene to be very peaceful.

230940989_FMSnK-M-1.jpg

Also taken in basically the same spot is Hore Abbey. Just can't get scenes like this in America.

230941056_NAkED-S-1.jpg

Further east in Tipperary is the ancient village of Carrick-on-Suir. This is where my great-grandfather came from so just being here was very meaningful. Shot of this boat was taken on an early morning stroll over the town bridge. It was like the photo was just WAITING for me to take it- a no brainer!

339616892_zWYgz-M.jpg

A 7 hour drive north is the ruggedly beautiful County Donegal. We were lucky enough to receive an amazing tour from a cousin of mine that tourists would never see.
We visited Glenveagh National Park near Fintown. In 1861 the resident landlord cruelly evicted 44 Irish families from his land- their homes were unroofed and made unliveable. it's still a very haunting place. This photo is one of the ruined remains of the actual homes.

275483355_HSh7P-S.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    I think the third boat shot is terrific.
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    These images are really great. However, the 3rd one with the boats is quite simply spectacular. I look at tons of images on this site and I see many that look in some way similar to others I have seen in the past. However, this boat image is truly and wonderfully unique. Love it.