Help! Opinions needed for #9

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited October 4, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm really struggling with this one. I have many images that I like, but I'm trying not to compete with "similar images". Therefor, I am wondering if any of the following are worthy of entering. Honest opinions please...I am still shooting, only the weather/skies are unpredictable, and haven't been all that cooperative, and time is running out! Thanks in advance!

#1 Golden Highlights
382525169_TdErg-M.jpg

#2 Waking Up the Seasons Last Crop
382524946_CcvW9-M.jpg

#3 Winding Down
382525342_cBBCR-L.jpg

#4 In the Misty Morning Fog
382525101_SaNvn-L.jpg

#5 In Flight Catching the Dawns Early Light
384184759_8X3jQ-M.jpg

#6 ( no title in mind yet)
384184878_74dYU-L.jpg

Thanks again!!
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 3, 2008
    they are all good but I really like #4!thumb.gif
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Really nice set with lots of good choices. 5, 4, 3, 1 in that order. thumb.gif
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    As soon as I opened the page and saw #1...I like it!
    Growing with Dgrin

• ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Thank you JAG, Dan, and Leaforte....your opinions are greatly appreciated!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Another vote for #4 here! I like #1 as well, but #4 is the standout for me. Great series!
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    #5 is your best shot for this theme... The deep blue is very attractive and allways a favorite... and the golden light on the geese nails the spirit of the theme... very well shot! thumb.gif

Winston
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    I like them all, but would have a hard time choosing between 5, 1, 3, and 4 in that order.

— Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
    edited October 3, 2008
    #5 is your best shot for this theme... The deep blue is very attractive and allways a favorite... and the golden light on the geese nails the spirit of the theme... very well shot! thumb.gif

Winston

:D Thanks Winston! That's how I was looking at it too, but wasn't sure if anyone else would receive it that way. I was worried that the blue sky would overpower the light on the geese and not be taken as dawn. Thanks again
    Karin

edited October 3, 2008
    KevXman wrote:
    I like them all, but would have a hard time choosing between 5, 1, 3, and 4 in that order.

— Kevin

Thanks Kevin! :D
    Karin

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    The pictures I like best are number 1 and number 3. :D

Number 1 is very strong giving almost the feeling that the light is not natural. I do believe it is true !
    May be a little too red. Don't know... My monitor ? Maybe... I am at work and not at home... ne_nau.gif

Number 2: huummm...

Number 3 is a tender picture with two attracting points: the Sun and the head of the children.

Number 4 is very nice but ...

I also like number 5, but it is not a "strong" picture.

Opera House: No. Sorry. No. :D
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • KoryJKoryJ Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    4 is my favorite but my top three would be 4,1,2. the sharpness in 1 is very nice!

4 just give me such a feeling of being there.
  • idiomidiom Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    I also like 4 the most of the bunch.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    #4 draws me in.....very nice and i would pick this or #1 revised...
    #5 love the light, should have been composed with room in the direction of flight. that red is really cool....this is a keeper to process and crop for something else...
    #3 nice, just not one of the top shots
    #1 portrait orientation of the left side would be a great composition, with this in landscape the top is a bit chopped off...kinda hard to fit everything in with a
    shot like this eh?...light is wonderful...get closer and get more selective...IMO...(also, it would work in landscape too, just dont cut the top off..)
    #6, no light...really blah
    #2, needed to be more selective...its way to open...

all IMO....
    Aaron Nelson
    edited October 3, 2008
    Thank you KoryJ and idiom...#4 seems to be pulling ahead in the feedback! Your input certainly helps me decide. 2 of my family members also picked #4, so I think I will go ahead and enter that one.

Aaron, thanks for your honest critiques, many good points that I tend to agree with... and #6?? What was I thinking! I dunnone_nau.gif

Oops, sorry Antonio, I didn't mean to leave my thank u's to you out. I appreciate the feedback on each photo, that helps me see things
    from a different perspective!
    Karin

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    #1 and #4 are very nice. Either one of those would be a good choice for the challenge.
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    This probably isn't going to help you any but 1, 3, and 4 in that order with the choice between 1 and 3 being a toss up. I love how the light wraps around the wheat in #1 but at the same time, #3 draws me into a very peaceful end of day feeling.... headscratch.gif Soory for not being more decisive
    edited October 3, 2008
    Thanks for chiming in Linda and Travis, much appreciated!:D
    Karin

• GrlyGrly Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    This doesn't help too much either but I really like #1 and #4. The texture in 1 is great!
    edited October 3, 2008
    Grly wrote:
    This doesn't help too much either but I really like #1 and #4. The texture in 1 is great!

Every opinion is helpful.. I have entered #4, but still may change it. Thanks so much for the input!
    Karin

• Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    All very nice. #1 and #4 to close to pick.

regards,
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
    edited October 4, 2008
    Roaddog 52 wrote:
    All very nice. #1 and #4 to close to pick.

regards,

Thanks Roaddog!
    Hmmn, maybe I should reconsider #1?
    Karin

• CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    I prefer #1 - nice composition & lighting and I like the warm feeling. Some have said that the color may not be "natural" -- I'm of the opinion that a neutral white balance isn't always ideal. Sometimes a scene is much better with an overall warm cast - if you were to correct the white white balance on #1 I wouldn't like it as much. ;)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    I like your current entry but they are all really good.
  • bsharpbsharp Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    I like #4 the best. I think it is a winner.
    edited October 4, 2008
    Thanks for the input Cameron, Dan and bsharp!
    I have my saturation set at +7....along with a red sunset on the evening
    I took picture#1..perhaps that is why it doesn't look "natural".
    I'm still shooting and hoping for that perfect shot! But it's nice to hear that both of these shots are liked! Thanks again!
    Karin