Beginner

zonk6719zonk6719 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited October 4, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I am brand new to taking pictures. I bought a Cannon Rebel Xsi and have been playing with it trying to learn. I have taken one picture that I really really like (Below) The rest of the ones I have taken need some work...but hopefully I will get there.
I got pretty broad shoulders and am always willing to listen...so if you have coments or idea's of how to make this a better picture please let me know.
385163284_AzvQC-L.jpg
Learning as I go!!

Comments

• JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Welcome to Dgrin! Lots of great folks around here.

Not a bad shot. I would crop it a bit on the right and get rid of the tree in the background. Maybe work with the curves a bit to lighten the roof in the foreground. The backboard is blown out or maybe it's a bit off on the focus.

One thing that I found that helps me, I take a photo several times at different times of the day. Or concentrate on one aspect, say ISO and try it at different speeds to see how it affects the photo. That's the great thing about digital you can shoot a ton and see what really happens!

Keep shooting and ask for help, the people on here are great!
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Welcome Zonk! Nice shot. I like the repeating pattern of the roof lines and the old net hanging from the hoop. In addition to what JavaLover said, I'd probably crop up from the bottom to just eliminate the trim board over the garage door.

Fun shot.
  • zonk6719zonk6719 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Thanks to both of you!!! This is exactly why I joined so I could learn and get great advice from people like you guys!
    Learning as I go!!