Dusk or Dawn - Which of these two ?

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited October 4, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Today I went to a fortress to shoot for this challenge.
I didn't use the flash as planned and the compositions were rather difficult to get within the restricted area I could move in.
Two proposals with their EXIFs from LR.:D
385786555_3NxQs-M.jpg for this picture 385787074_ZXmoR-L.jpg\
385796580_cxsje-M.png for this one 385795328_HmHuu-L-0.jpg
The guy in this photo was on the phone and didn't move during the exposure.:clap
Thank you for commenting.:bow:D
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    I like the first one. I like the variations of the warm earth tones with the cool blues of the water and the simplicity of the geometric shapes in your composition.

RD52
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Roaddog 52 wrote:
    I like the first one. I like the variations of the warm earth tones with the cool blues of the water and the simplicity of the geometric shapes in your composition.

RD52

Thank you for the comment. :Dbowdown.gifthumb
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Out of these 2 #1, but i think it could benefit from a better composition, or a differnt subject, but techinically/colorwise it's very good
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    I like both - like pyroprints said, they are both technically good. I really like the tones in the first, but I feel the image is lacking a focal point. In the second, the man seems a tad bit too far away...ne_nau.gif

Hope this helps.

Cheeers,
    Sunita
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 3, 2008
    Antonio...looking at these two #1 I like. I like the simplicity of it. The colors and tonal qualities are good. It reminds me of a modernism (modernistic?) type work. Very nice lines. It might just be a matter of taste.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    I am leaning toward #1. Compositionally it's excellent but I find myself wondering how that shot would look from a wider perspective -- one that would include some sky. headscratch.gif
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
  • bsharpbsharp Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    I'm afraid I have to go against the grain. I like #2 the best. I like #1, but the haze on the water bothers me. The objects under the water bother me. It is such a simple design that my eye goes towards the water to try and figure out what those objects are.

I like the leading lines # two that draw you into the image. No matter how hard you try, your eye keeps coming back to the focal point - the person on the phone.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Out of these 2 #1, but i think it could benefit from a better composition, or a differnt subject, but techinically/colorwise it's very good
    Well, I guess you are right ...:D
    -
    sunita wrote:
    I like both - like pyroprints said, they are both technically good. I really like the tones in the first, but I feel the image is lacking a focal point. In the second, the man seems a tad bit too far away...ne_nau.gifHope this helps. Cheeers, Sunita

Sorry but they are not perfect technically. :cry
    The second is blurred. I was making adjustments on the photo and I saw it is blurred.headscratch.gif
    And why ? Because I have used a tripod without any weight. Just the tripod by itself has not been enough to sustain conveniently the camera in spite of no wind. Or the movement of the mirror is responsible for the movement... ne_nau.gif
    -
    JAG wrote:
    Antonio...looking at these two #1 I like. I like the simplicity of it. The colors and tonal qualities are good. It reminds me of a modernism (modernistic?) type work. Very nice lines. It might just be a matter of taste.
    Indeed. That can be a point of view. :D
    But the composition is not yet perfect. I should have moved the camera to a different position.
    I have also worked on this photo and I could - with much difficulty - find some kind of balance in it.
    385900799_kcJYA-L.jpg

As you know by the rules we can't do this for the challenge, but I did for myself.
    -
    richtersl wrote:
    I am leaning toward #1. Compositionally it's excellent but I find myself wondering how that shot would look from a wider perspective -- one that would include some sky.
    The sky was not near as the wall is rather tall...:D
    -
    dlplumer wrote:
    #1 for me Antonio
    bowdown.gif:D
    -
    bsharp wrote:
    I'm afraid I have to go against the grain. I like #2 the best. I like #1, but the haze on the water bothers me. The objects under the water bother me. It is such a simple design that my eye goes towards the water to try and figure out what those objects are. I like the leading lines # two that draw you into the image. No matter how hard you try, your eye keeps coming back to the focal point - the person on the phone.
    It's so curious how we can find so many different points of view, which are all of good value.:D

-
    I would like to thank everyone who had the trouble to drop some line(s) about my photos.
    bowdown.gif:D