Options

Make Lightroom 2 Recognize Photoshop CS2

PilznrPilznr Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited October 6, 2008 in Finishing School
I have a minor problem.

I upgraded to Lightroom 2 a few months ago. Before I upgraded to LR2, I had Photoshop CS2 working along side Lightroom 1.4 (it recognized Photoshop, so that I could edit photos in photoshop, and it made my workflow super easy. )

Now that I upgraded to LR2, photoshop is no longer recognized, so I have to export photos and then open them in Photoshop and then re-import them to LR2 so that I can keep my catalog in order. Does anyone know how I can make LR2 recognize that I have CS2?

I'm using Vista if that helps with anything...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Can you set up the Lightroom Preferences to handle PS CS2 as the second external editor?
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2008
    RogersDA wrote:
    Can you set up the Lightroom Preferences to handle PS CS2 as the second external editor?

Can you tell me how to do that? I can't find the option to set that up. What am I missing? ne_nau.gif

386928961_C3xAV-L.jpg
  • Options
    dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    Edit -> Preferences
    Use the Edit menu item (at the top). Then select Preferences. This brings up a dialog box that has a number of tabs. Select the 'External Editing' tab which gives you the option of two different external editors.

HTH,

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2008
    dmmattix wrote:
    Use the Edit menu item (at the top). Then select Preferences. This brings up a dialog box that has a number of tabs. Select the 'External Editing' tab which gives you the option of two different external editors.

HTH,

Mike

Unfortunately, I'm not on a computer with lightroom right now. I found the spot with the "external editing" tab, but I don't think it was an option to select the program. I know, it doesn't make sense to me either. I'll check it out tonight.

Do you think that if I uninstall lightroom, and reinstall, it might see photoshop and use it the way it was intended?

I don't have a problem using the "Edit in other application" link, but it should work with photoshop the way it's supposed to.

Thanks
  • Options
    dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    Pilznr wrote:
    Unfortunately, I'm not on a computer with lightroom right now. I found the spot with the "external editing" tab, but I don't think it was an option to select the program. I know, it doesn't make sense to me either. I'll check it out tonight.

Do you think that if I uninstall lightroom, and reinstall, it might see photoshop and use it the way it was intended?

I don't have a problem using the "Edit in other application" link, but it should work with photoshop the way it's supposed to.

Thanks

The only thing I can think of is that maybe it is just looking for CS3 but I have heard of users using Elements and it finding that application. I would reinstall Lightroom but before I did the reinstall I would see what app the "External Editing" tab has as it's primary editor.

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2008
    So I updated (which basically reinstalled LR) to LR 2.1 Beta which according to Adobe Labs was supposed to fix a problem related to mine. Of course, it still doesn't work.

I have it setup to use Photoshop through the secondary external editor now, but that's not exactly what I want.

Does anyone know if I need to upgrade to PS CS3?