Whitney

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited October 9, 2008 in People
Taken last week in the Park. Lighting was provided with sb800 and small softbox off camera.

386318728_sv7q7-O.jpg

386318718_MJAvJ-O.jpg

386318702_DX5LU-O.jpg

386318693_Yqjga-O.jpg

386318688_nd5mS-O.jpg

Comments

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    I love the richness of your post processing! What are you steps?
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    me too. I love the colors!
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Me three, we need to know!! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    Thanks.
    I do most of processing in Lightroom 2 in bulk.
    Then I fine tune in Photoshop.
    Usually a levels and contrast adjustment. I keep them pretty dark which really brings out the color and sometimes a little blur.
    Then some skin cleaning and blurring as well, only on the closeups.

If I really have a hard time with the skin or color I make them black and white and raise the contrast.

Really no magic formula I follow, I do each photo differently according to the individual photo.
    edited October 6, 2008
    I forgot to add, I also have a bundle of NIK filters I use which makes adding effects very easy.
    Thanks
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    I agree. Really like the first 3! thumb.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    2 and 3 rock my world, they seem like we're in another realm or something, just amazing colors!
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Great serries and I love the eyes in #1.

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    Great photos! I especially like #3. They always say that location is important and you certainly picked a great one. I also like your processing of these.
  • kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    love all of them with their rich colors
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    very dreamy and just plain gorgeous!! I love this series. I'm drooling over here. :D
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Love them all, especially the dreamy effect. Can you elaborate a little more on that? The only thing I would have done differently is to loose the shoes in the picture sitting on the rock. It seems like the kind of photo no shoes would work well with. Great job all around!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    zoomer wrote:
    I forgot to add, I also have a bundle of NIK filters I use which makes adding effects very easy.
    Thanks

Zoomer...I have Nik Efex 3.0 and would like to see if you would share a few of your favorite filters that you use within the program. I have played around with Indian Summer, Foliage, darken/lighten center and a few others. I just haven't had the time lately to sit and down and see all it can do. I may be wrong but it looks like you may have used Indian Summer in this one.
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
    edited October 9, 2008
    Hi sitter,
    NIK rocks! I combine all kinds of different effects, just get in there and play with it you will quickly figure out which ones you like.
    Indian Summer is cool but you have to be careful with it as it can turn teeth and eyes a different color.
    The cool think is that selections you make in photoshop stay selected when you open NIK.
    The trick to making the effects work to maximum benefit is to have the lighting correct to begin with, complete with shadow and depth.
    Then add in some strategic dodgeing and burning to effect.
    Have fun with it.
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    zoomer wrote:
    Hi sitter,
    NIK rocks! I combine all kinds of different effects, just get in there and play with it you will quickly figure out which ones you like.
    Indian Summer is cool but you have to be careful with it as it can turn teeth and eyes a different color.
    The cool think is that selections you make in photoshop stay selected when you open NIK.
    The trick to making the effects work to maximum benefit is to have the lighting correct to begin with, complete with shadow and depth.
    Then add in some strategic dodgeing and burning to effect.
    Have fun with it.

Will certainly play more when things slow down a little. I rarely use actions and really prefer my own PP but I do think the NIK filters are pretty cool. Thanks for sharing your photos.
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8