more U8 soccer

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited October 4, 2008 in Sports
More practice today! Thankfully, the rain held off until our game was done.

#1 - my son
386417459_83dUK-L.jpg

#2 - header!
386418120_Ve95Q-L.jpg

#3 - no faces here, but I liked the leg action
386419108_fVnyq-L.jpg

#4 - this kid hustles!
386419459_T7MtB-L.jpg

#5 - I wish I had a landscape orientation of this shot.
386441667_d4TUL-L.jpg

#6 - a bit busy, but I still like it
386419765_shy4j-L.jpg
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    #5 - I wish I had a landscape orientation of this shot.
    386441667_d4TUL-L.jpg

Elaine, that shot IS a portrait shot. It's fine as is, except for maybe taking a little more off the bottom. If it had been shot in landscape, it would have a lot of wasted space. I shoot about 98% of my soccer in portrait mode. About the only time I shoot landscape is for team/sideline shots.

Btw, I shot three U8 games this morning, and two U15 games this afternoon. I wish I had your light to shoot in. The only clouds I saw had wings attached to them. :cry
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    nipprdog wrote:
    Elaine, that shot IS a portrait shot. It's fine as is, except for maybe taking a little more off the bottom. If it had been shot in landscape, it would have a lot of wasted space. I shoot about 98% of my soccer in portrait mode. About the only time I shoot landscape is for team/sideline shots.

Btw, I shot three U8 games this morning, and two U15 games this afternoon. I wish I had your light to shoot in. The only clouds I saw had wings attached to them. :cry

I try to keep the shots in a 2:3 ratio for easy 4x6 print making, so that's the reason I didn't take more off the bottom. Glad to hear it's OK otherwise. I tend to like a bit more space for the ball. ne_nau.gif But I'm no pro, so I'll take your word for it! :D I did shoot mostly portrait mode today as well. So much so my arm kept getting tired, so I'd switch to landscape every now and then.

I was quite pleased with the light today! Last week, our game was right at noon and there wasn't a cloud in the sky! That was tough, and I wasn't very happy with that set. Today had either nice touches of sun or just plain cloudy.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Elaine - great job. The 'leg action shot' - crop it to square and it'll be better.

Do you use a monopod? They are really useful for helping with the fatigue. I attache the monopod to the tripod ring on the 300mm, and can really quickly switch portrait to landscape by loosening the ring and rotating. Works like a charm. The monopod really eases the fatigue, and really helps when you are in lower light situations. That wee bit of stability is a shot saver.

ann