CS3 and EXIF

chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
edited October 6, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi Gang,

I know I can drill down to the EXIF from the File Info menu but that seems like a long way to go. I know it's also displayed in Bridge but I don't like switching back and forth. Does anyone know of a plug in or some other way of getting the EXIF with just one click in PS?

Thanks.
Chuck Cannova
www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged

Comments

• OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Why not use the shortcut ALT+Shift+Ctrl+I? That brings up the template in one click, rather than the two it takes from the file menu. I have several prefilled metadata templates, so after selecting the correct one from the dropdown arrow at the top right, the only things left for me to fill in are the description and keywords, and usually the specific location information.

In Bridge I right-click the thumbnail to bring up the template.

I usually do this as a batch in Bridge to apply my prefilled copyright info, location info, and any keywords that apply to all images in one shot. Then as I process the individual images in CS3 I just need to add the description and additional keywords for each specific image.
    edited October 6, 2008
    Or if I misunderstood and you just want to be able to see the EXIF, there's no need to switch batch and forth. You can have Bridge open to the Metadata tab at the same time you're working on an image in PS. Maybe I don't understand what you mean when you say you don't like switching back and forth? headscratch.gif
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Hi Lori and thanks for responding.

What I was looking for is something like a drop down thing, or maybe a small pop up in PS that would instantly show the EXIF info instead of having to switch to Bridge then back again or to drill down the File Info dialog. I guess it's about instant gratification and having the info just a single click or keyboard short cut away. But judging from the underwhelming response here I guess it doesn't exist. It would be such a useful thing too. Oh well, I guess I can't have everything :cry.

Thanks again.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

edited October 6, 2008
    This one works with the filter dropdown in Photoshop, not sure if it's CS3 compatible. It is CS2 compatible. It's freeware, can't hurt to try. ne_nau.gif

http://www.proxel.se/exif.html
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Hey Lori, thanks!

It looks like a pain in the butt to set up but when I get some time and patience later in the week I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com