Help is appreciated - First Senior Pictures

clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
edited October 6, 2008 in People
I have been asked to do my first senior pictures and I would like some advise for poses of a young lady with fair skin that is a cheerleader.:dunno
Ryan Clemens
www.clemensphotography.us
Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    I have been asked to do my first senior pictures and I would like some advise for poses of a young lady with fair skin that is a cheerleader.ne_nau.gif
    check out jeffreaux2's thoughts/tips here.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    The best tip I can give you is to let the girls pretty much pose themselves.
    If you spend the first 30 minute of the shoot laughing and having a good time with her she will relax and when her personality comes out you will normally have all the poses you can handle.

During that initial time keep a close eye on finding her best side and how she looks best. Then once she opens up you can steer her in the direction of how she look best.

Different poses work best for different girls. Just play it by feel and you will be fine.

Most of these girls have practiced posing in front of mirrors since they were little kids.

Have fun with it and you will be fine!!
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    Thanks
    Thank you for your responses they are very helpful. The one issue that I currently have is that the senior is a cheerleader for football and posing and using props to depict this is where I'm need the help with. Also, I do not have any studio equipment so everything will be shot outside.
    Ryan Clemens
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    Thank you for your responses they are very helpful. The one issue that I currently have is that the senior is a cheerleader for football and posing and using props to depict this is where I'm need the help with. Also, I do not have any studio equipment so everything will be shot outside.
    Is there a question in there somewhere?:Dmwink.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008

Forget the "props". The use of them usually comes off as cheesy. Some shots of her in her cheerleading uniform and /or letter jacket will suffice. No use cluttering your set with attention grabbing "stuff".

I have more tips here...Tips for Great "On Location" Senior Portraits(link)

176394153_HTX2Y-M.jpg
    235503356_R4fcH-M.jpg
    265186021_XLe6j-M-2.jpg
    265187775_HdSdU-M-2.jpg
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Thanks
    Thanks Jeff, this was exactly what I was looking for!:D clap.gif
    Ryan Clemens