DSS#9 Last request for help, I promise!

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited October 5, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I had a great opportunity late in the day today (or at least I think). Would like to know if anyone thinks any of the following are better than my current entry.
Current entry
385681837_BbLrY-L.jpg

New ones
#1 "Robin" the Last Rays of the Day for a Dip
386571276_wG8bq-L.jpg
#2 (would use the same title)
386571305_Q4MyU-L.jpg
#3 (same title)
386571321_LAzGF-M.jpg

Thanks for taking the time!
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Well, I really like your current entry, but I really like the birds also. Hmmmm. Tough choice!

I love the composition in the first bird pic, but I love that you have 3 birds in the last one. I just wish that comp was vertical to include all of the bird feeder.

At least you have a good problem--too many good choices! Everything I've done has been boring! Good luck deciding.

Sherry
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    slpollett wrote:
    Well, I really like your current entry, but I really like the birds also. Hmmmm. Tough choice!

I love the composition in the first bird pic, but I love that you have 3 birds in the last one. I just wish that comp was vertical to include all of the bird feeder.

At least you have a good problem--too many good choices! Everything I've done has been boring! Good luck deciding.

Sherry

Thanks Sherry! What are you talking about, you have some great pics!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    Karin, I like your current entry, and I also like #1 (best of the new ones imo). Like Sherry said, you have lots of choices. wings.gif
  • ChillwagChillwag Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2008
    #3 looks like a fight. Interesting and I agree #1 is the best of the new.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    In your current entry my eye is totally drawn to the mail boxes. It is intriguing photo.
    Growing with Dgrin

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    #3 i think
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
    edited October 5, 2008
    Thanks Dan, Chillwag, leaforte and pyro :D
    Karin

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    ic4u wrote:
    Thanks Dan, Chillwag, leaforte and pyro :D

Choices indeed (and I still really like your gulls, too - that is such a neat picture!)

I like the light in #3, but the comp in #1 is more serene and still somehow (actually, if you hadn't said it was dusk I would have assumed dawn - don't know why, but somehow it seemed morning-ish to me!)

All that said, I think the light on the mist in #1 is really quite magical, so on balance I'd stick with that one even though the birds are great shots too!
    edited October 5, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    Choices indeed (and I still really like your gulls, too - that is such a neat picture!)
    divamum wrote:

I like the light in #3, but the comp in #1 is more serene and still somehow (actually, if you hadn't said it was dusk I would have assumed dawn - don't know why, but somehow it seemed morning-ish to me!)

All that said, I think the light on the mist in #1 is really quite magical, so on balance I'd stick with that one even though the birds are great shots too!
    Thanks divamum, I'm thinking that with this theme, my current entry is probably my best shot,
    even though I am happy with my birds, they are probably best for something else :D
    Karin