Fall Colors

patsy easleypatsy easley Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited October 7, 2008 in Landscapes
I went for a drive earlier today to clear my head. With the views I saw I felt bad for leaving my husband and kids at home.
C&C Welcome

386711266_TeFvE-L.jpg

386711656_tcYYG-L.jpg

386710896_6Z3n5-L.jpg

Comments

• hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    I think you have some interesting pictures. I feel #1 and #2 could use a little pop with curves adjustment. They feel a little flat. That will also help to bring out some of the details in the sky that is getting lost.

I love the colors in #3 but the blown sky is a little distracting. Perhaps cropping away most of the sky to bring emphasis to the trees in the front?
  • davespicsdavespics Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    My smugmug homepage is currently set to show the best fall color shot I ever took....and I have taken alot.

www.davespics.com

289720718_hZNUi-Th-3.jpg
  • patsy easleypatsy easley Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    Thank you for your insight. I think I need to slow down and give it a day or two after my initial edit before I post my pictures. Looking at them today they are very flat and lacking a lot of detail. I went back and did some more tweaking and I believe this is a lot better. I couldn't do anything to recover the sky in #3. It had just quit raining/snowing when I took these and there was no low lying clouds when I took that picture. I darkened the sky slightly and then cropped most of it out. This was my first experience will fall foliage. I am from North Texas and we just don't have much of a fall there. If you have anymore advice/tips for me I will be glad to take it.:D

388822184_5dknM-L.jpg

388826383_v37jo-L.jpg

388821968_FwEZX-L.jpg
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    I agree with Tom.
    Such a beautiful landscapes
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    I think the changes have helped, especially #2.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert, but foliage can be tough to photograph. A lot of conditions tend to wash out the colors. I have found that you can get your best foliage colors with a bright overcast day and if the leaves are wet, that's even better.

One thing to try in #2 would be to increase the exposure of the foreground slightly. You may find that if that ridge that the house is sitting on is a little brighter it might give the picture more depth.
    edited October 7, 2008
    This is why I LOVE these forums. There is always someone willing to help. I never would have thought to increase the exposure in the foreground. It makes a world of difference though. Thank you!:ivar

388882453_RLVRH-L.jpg
    edited October 7, 2008
    I made a small change to this one too. Better?

388888582_5w6Sj-L.jpg