Quirk with API - no-show of new albums until clickthrough?

ebswiftebswift Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
Edited for clarity now that I have looked into the issue further:

New albums from SmugMug are not displaying in my application based on the 1.2.2 API until I visit the new album. I'm not sure if this is necessary but I also click on to the last page of the album too using the '>>' button in SmugMug for the album.

I have a suspicion that this problem also occurs when photos are shifted out of an album to another.

Try Smugfoto in Facebook for displaying your SmugMug galleries.

Comments

• ebswiftebswift Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    This problem was just confirmed by one of my users. The API needs to be 'aware' of new albums and album changes.

• ebswiftebswift Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Ok, I've done the analysis, and here is the problem. I added an album called Ttest (yep, I typo'd entering the album name) and uploaded one image. Then, I made a call to getTree (edit: API v1.2.2) with Heavy="1" and got the following entry for 'Ttest':

<Album id="6179898" Key="y2XZ8" CanRank="1" Comments="1" Description="" EXIF="1" External="1" Geography="1" ImageCount="0" Keywords="" Larges="1" LastUpdated="2008-10-08 14:28:16" Originals="1" PasswordHint="" Passworded="0" Position="49" Printable="1" Public="1" Share="1" Title="Ttest" X2Larges="1" X3Larges="1" XLarges="1" />

Note the ImageCount is "0", this is where the problem is. SmugFoto doesn't attempt to display albums which have a zero image count. I haven't gone into that album, so the problem will still be there for testing purposes.