Options

Eye-Fi users?

hyachtshyachts Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited October 7, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Anyone have the Eye-Fi/Smuggy updates? Would you mind popping the card into the manager to see if it looks like your hotspots and geotagging have been disabled again? Eye-Fi just released a manager update - part of which gives lower grade card holders the option to upgrade to hotspots and geotagging - and it appears to have broken my Smugmug freebie upgrades!? No good...

EDIT: should say Web Application update, not manager...

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    Dunno but I'll get a hold of Ziv @ Eyefi, stay tuned.
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Dunno but I'll get a hold of Ziv @ Eyefi, stay tuned.

I may have been a little alarmist - if I look at the card logs it still seems to be saying that geotagging and hotspots are enabled - so maybe it's just a glitch with their interface. I've posted on their forum, too.
  • Options
    gillatgillat Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    looking into it.

Thx
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2008
    gillat wrote:
    looking into it.

Thx

While you're at it, you might want to take a look at why photos are showing upload dates in December 2021. This happened with the new web app release, too. It doesn't affect the actual photo, just the upload folders in Eye-Fi manager. See the thread on the Eye-Fi forum here:
    http://forums.eye.fi/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=334
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2008
    strange. OK, thanks for bringing it up. I'm just now back in the country, and will catch up on all this stuff.

THANK YOU.
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2008
    Looks like the hotspot/geotagging problem has been fixed. Thanks for checking in to it. The other issue remains, but that's got nothing to do with SmugMug so I'll leave that for the other forum...
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2008
    Here is the update:

* The SmugMug free geo and roaming issue has been fixed

* Any new photos uploaded today, show up with the correct date in the Mgr. The team is still correcting the cosmetic dates for photos uploaded last week

BUT, please note -- this is purely cosmetic. Photos uploaded through our Eye-Fi Cards DO have the correct dates, as they're uploaded to SmugMug. This was purely cosmetic, in the Eye-Fi Manager.

Thanks ---

Ziv.