Options

Xpost: place to order photo printer paper?

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited October 9, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
(I posted this in Accessories, not realising there was a dedicated forum for printing etc until after I had done so - whoops! Please excuse the multiple posting...)

So, we've acquired an inexpensive printer - I mostly keep my pictures in digital format, but occasionally it's nice to print something out for the less digitally inclined (read, grandparents!) so since this was extremely inexpensive, had good general reviews and the ink cartridges are fairly affordable, I took the plunge. (It's a Canon Pixma 2600, fwiw.)

In any case... are there any good online (or otherwise) suppliers of affordable paper? I figure I MUST be able to do better than Best Buy or Staples - I have of course googled, but any recommendations for reliable and affordable sources would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    It really depends on the paper your looking for.....there are tons o' ads for various papers in shutterbug and also B&H sells paper....but a rag like Shutterbug is a fantastic place to start......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited October 9, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    It really depends on the paper your looking for.....there are tons o' ads for various papers in shutterbug and also B&H sells paper....but a rag like Shutterbug is a fantastic place to start......

Thanks!

An update on this: having said "no Staples", I was in there yesterday for something else and saw that they currently have Canon high grade 8.5x11 (does anybody do 8x10 any more?!) 20 sheet packs for buy one get one free - 40 sheets for $13 was actually a pretty good deal (the other brands were as high as $30 for 50)

But I'll check out Shutterbug - I've tended to read magazines on the net, so never had the ads to leaf through! I"ll have a look at a copy :)
  • Options
    dwayne_bradleydwayne_bradley Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    People (including me) have responded in your other post
    You may want to check out the responses there.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=939641&posted=1#post939641

Dwayne
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2008
    You may want to check out the responses there.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=939641&posted=1#post939641

Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne! Yeah, I'm following both threads (I mistaken posted in Accessories before realising there was a dedicated forum for printing etc, hence why I wound up crossposting rolleyes1.gif). Thanks for the link(s)! thumb.gif