Favorite from this weekend

tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited October 7, 2008 in People
doing basic studio shots for a church directory (I don't have studio lighting or backdrop and so I'm bouncing light on the ceiling and we found some cheap material that works)

this was one of the outtakes that I really liked the expression on so I played with it a bit :) nothing fancy....
387780336_kWYef-M-1.jpg

and here's what it looks like just straight out of the camera (obviously different photo, another outtake
387772068_y4YKY-M-1.jpg

what do you think? CC welcome! :)
"It's only an island if you look at it from the water."

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 7, 2008
    Looks like you all had fun! Not crazy about the sepia tone on the first one but the lighting looks great on the second one. Nice looking background too!thumb.gif
  • tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    Looks like you all had fun! Not crazy about the sepia tone on the first one but the lighting looks great on the second one. Nice looking background too!thumb.gif

thanks! :) is the sepia too dark? is that what's not pleasing. that's sort of my thinking... it's not a real sepia tone - I was goofing off in Paint Shop Pro with the different functions (like screen and overlay) and just picked a brownish color lol)
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 7, 2008
    tonichelle wrote:
    thanks! :) is the sepia too dark? is that what's not pleasing. that's sort of my thinking... it's not a real sepia tone - I was goofing off in Paint Shop Pro with the different functions (like screen and overlay) and just picked a brownish color lol)

which psp version are you using?? If you use the x2 go to effects>photo effects>time machine. try either the albumen or the platinum. They will make the picture pop more. Especially the platinum. I don't know if version x or x1 has it but I know that psp9 and earlier does not have this feature. thumb.gif
  • tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    which psp version are you using?? If you use the x2 go to effects>photo effects>time machine. try either the albumen or the platinum. They will make the picture pop more. Especially the platinum. I don't know if version x or x1 has it but I know that psp9 and earlier does not have this feature. thumb.gif

unfortunately I have the "ancient" version 8.0 lol... oh to be able to keep up with the technology!