Soft Silhouette

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited October 9, 2008 in Landscapes
600-j3935.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Would you PLEASE try something for me? I'm one of "those" people......you know, the kind that tend to always see something that's either not there or just weird. :D Here's my suggestion. Crop just below the last visible cloud and turn this into a semi-pano type shot. Then, amp your saturation a little bit and then lastly bump your contrast a tad as well. I have a feeling this part of your image would simply sing with these adjustments. (Hint - I tried it and it makes a FANTASTIC water color - surreal - dreamlike pano wall art!)

eeeewwwww, eeewwwwww, eewwwww can I post it.....can I....puuuhhhlllleeeeaaase ????? :D

Oh lord, I hope I don't have to go to the punishment corner for this. I'll take it down ASAP if told to do so!

Simply what I "saw" in your already wonderful image.

clouds.jpg
  • Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Hmmm, unfortunately this particular shot doesnt do alot for me. I have looked at it a couple of times now and each time I come away with a puzzled feeling of why this would of made the keeper list

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Idlewild wrote:
    Would you PLEASE try something for me? I'm one of "those" people......you know, the kind that tend to always see something that's either not there or just weird. :D Here's my suggestion. Crop just below the last visible cloud and turn this into a semi-pano type shot. Then, amp your saturation a little bit and then lastly bump your contrast a tad as well. I have a feeling this part of your image would simply sing with these adjustments. (Hint - I tried it and it makes a FANTASTIC water color - surreal - dreamlike pano wall art!)

eeeewwwww, eeewwwwww, eewwwww can I post it.....can I....puuuhhhlllleeeeaaase ????? :D

Oh lord, I hope I don't have to go to the punishment corner for this. I'll take it down ASAP if told to do so!

That is pretty. I'll give it a try later, but probably won't crop it. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 8, 2008
    Dave Clee wrote:
    Hmmm, unfortunately this particular shot doesnt do alot for me. I have looked at it a couple of times now and each time I come away with a puzzled feeling of why this would of made the keeper list

Cheers

Dave

Because I liked it. :)
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 9, 2008
    Well they do say beauty is in the eye of the holder...this definitely backs up that theory..

Cheers

Dave

edited October 9, 2008
    Dave Clee wrote:
    Well they do say beauty is in the eye of the holder...this definitely backs up that theory..

Cheers

Dave

I'll say, I've seen your work, and I definately don't understand certain subjects you've found attractive. But, it's all subjective and as you say, in the eye of the beholder. Good luck to you and best regards!
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 9, 2008
    Idlewild wrote:

Thanks again. I just couldn't get out of it what you did, but it was fun anyhow.

600-j3935-v2.jpg
    Anybody can do it.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Dave Clee wrote:

Cheers

Dave

You have a great eye.....no doubt. However, your tact is what could use some tuning.
    edited October 9, 2008
    Trust me my "tact" is just fine. But the internet does make things sound harsher than they really are..In the end it was just shot that puzzled me as to what was interesting enough to Mr Wfeller that caused him to keep it.
    Simple as that really.

Cheers

Dave

Idlewild wrote:
    You have a great eye.....no doubt. However, your tact is what could use some tuning.