ps raw 4.5 presets help please

The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
edited October 8, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi all, I just joined NAPP and downloaded some presets for raw. Afterwords I opened a raw file in bridge and into raw and applied on of the presets. Now anything I select in bridge takes on that preset even without bringing it into raw and I can't get my shot back to it's original.

Can anyone help with this?

Peace, gail

Comments

• OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Don't worry, it's only applied to your thumbnail until you actually process the images. Easy fix:

In Bridge, go into your Camera Raw Preferences (Edit menu) and uncheck the box that says "Apply Auto Tone Adjustments". You have your Bridge preferences for thumbnails set to "Convert to High Quality when Previewed", which means when you first open a folder you see Quick Thumbs (so it loads faster), and when you selected an image your new preset was being applied to the high quality thumb.

If you want to get rid of the adjustments that were done on your thumbs with your new preset, you can delete your cache and rebuild your thumbs.
  • jjbongjjbong Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    It seems that you set the preset as your Camera Raw default. You can fix this by going into Camera Raw (doesn't matter which picture), clicking on the Presets Tab (last one on the right), and clicking on the options tab (the one on the very right of the tab labeled "Presets". Click on "Reset Camera Raw Defaults". This will restore the "factory" defaults for Camera Raw.

For images that have already been processed by Camera Raw, you can undo the preset in Bridge. Right click on the image (or set of images). Click Develop Settings->Camera Raw Defaults.
    John Bongiovanni
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Thanks, I'm gonna try this right now.
    edited October 8, 2008
    For some reason now I can't even open bridge. I tried reloading but it's still now working.
    edited October 8, 2008
    Thanks a bunch both of you. That worked.

Peace, gail