Controlled vocabulary - keywording - useful?

cyclemancycleman Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited October 10, 2008 in Finishing School
there is a site - www.controlledvocabulary.com - and it has a plugin for LR called the controlled vocabulary keyword catalog. I'm wondering if anyone here has used it or knows about, if it's helpful in suggesting keywords, things like that. thanks.

dick louderman

Comments

• hobbeshobbes Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    I have it for photomechanic. It has a lot of categories and there are a lot of words in the lists for sure.

A lot of the list is meant for newpapers I think because they are numbers representing the content of the pictures.

I use it alot and I can add to it and export it. My business partner and I do that for different subjects and now our list is very large from what it started as. I can't remember what I paid for it but I think it is very useful for my workflow.

Hope this helps
  • cyclemancycleman Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    hobbes wrote:
    I have it for photomechanic. It has a lot of categories and there are a lot of words in the lists for sure.

A lot of the list is meant for newpapers I think because they are numbers representing the content of the pictures.

I use it alot and I can add to it and export it. My business partner and I do that for different subjects and now our list is very large from what it started as. I can't remember what I paid for it but I think it is very useful for my workflow.

Hope this helps

hobbes, thanks for the info. I'll look into this further.

dick