The Chicken was a Chinaman...

saltydogsaltydog Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
edited October 11, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Hi everyone,

I thought this was so hilarious that it warrants a posting here :wink.

During a recent road trip through Quebec, my husband and I bought a rotisserie chicken for a late night snack at a small (Asian!) supermarket. Being a hungry grub, hubbie pulled all the crispy skin off the chicken in a hurry and that's when I heard him shout "oh my God, it's a Chinaman". Not having the faintest idea what he was talking about but nevertheless compelled by the urgency in his voice, I sprinted around the corner - and stopped dead in my tracks. The chicken was a "Chinaman" :huh...

For all of you who don't believe me, I am attaching the picture I took as proof. Granted, we had indulged in some of Quebec's finest wines earlier that evening, but even looking at it now, he's still there :D. Is it just us, or can you spot him as well???

389785391_U3QpN-L.jpg
all that we see or seem
is but a dream within a dream
- Edgar Allan Poe

http://www.saltydogphotography.com
http://saltydogphotography.blogspot.com

Comments

• darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Sorry don't see it, but then I'm a "Chinaman" myself, so maybe that's why.

[Uh, yeah, that term is a little racist, even if you were in Quebec. :-/]
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    I'm afraid I don't see any face either. I'm also not sure just what the effect the wine had on you was but the word " embellished " is not the right word to use in this case. The dictionary defines " embellish " as " to make something beautiful, to decorate ". I think you wanted to use another word.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • saltydogsaltydog Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    darryl wrote:
    Sorry don't see it, but then I'm a "Chinaman" myself, so maybe that's why.

[Uh, yeah, that term is a little racist, even if you were in Quebec. :-/]
    Sorry if I didn't apply the required dosage of political correctness appropriate these days headscratch.gif!? I thought it obvious that this was meant just humorously,yet I am truly sorry if I have offended anybody personally in any way! Neither my husband nor I are in the habit of referring to Chinese people as "Chinamen" in general, but this chicken looked just like - a Chinaman ne_nau.gifwink. The way "Chinamen" are portrayed in old drawings, caricatures etc. Well, as I said, it might be just us...

P.S.: I am a German living in the US and I've had my share dished out to me, ranging from "Kraut" to "Nazi" and worse, yet I think one needs to distinguish between "just kidding" and ignorant stereotyping...

P.P.S. "embellished" was left over from an edited sentence - what I meant was of course "indulged", thanks mwink.gif.

P.P.S. - you really can't see the face? Maybe it was some very good wine... I can still see the narrow eyes, long nose, little curl of hair and a tiny mouth. And I still think it's funny rolleyes1.gif!
    all that we see or seem
    is but a dream within a dream
    - Edgar Allan Poe

http://www.saltydogphotography.com
    http://saltydogphotography.blogspot.com
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    I think your eagerness to show your picture may have have lead to your use of some inappropriate wording. I think we are all big enough to see that no offence was meant by your post.

As for the face, well I think you need to make a note of the wine you were drinking it certainly does have an affect.................and yes I did see the face but I'm not sure I am seeing it as you did
    Tim
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    My wife says its more like a grasshopper head. :D
    Michael