Asheville Art Deco

Kayaking-N-SCKayaking-N-SC Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited October 12, 2008 in Landscapes
Here is a shot I took in downtown Ashevelle, NC last week. It is no longer a cafeteria, but it is nice to see it still standing. C&C most welcome.

386405019_bs2cu-L.jpg
Thomas
Columbia, SC

Canon 5DmkII / 40D / 24-105 F4 L / LensBaby Composer

TLKPhotos.SmugMug.com

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Looks good !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • EarthDogEarthDog Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    C&c
    It looks like you were standing slightly to left of center when you shot this. It's very slight, but noticeable. Other than that, and the flat light, it's very nice. I'm a big fan of art deco, so I appreciate you sharing it.
    Once upon a time, they all lived happily ever after.
  • Kayaking-N-SCKayaking-N-SC Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    EarthDog wrote:
    It looks like you were standing slightly to left of center when you shot this. It's very slight, but noticeable. Other than that, and the flat light, it's very nice. I'm a big fan of art deco, so I appreciate you sharing it.

Yeap, I was on the sidewalk using a tree as a sunblock. The building was at the end of a street at an intersection and I was not feeling brave to cross out into the street to get the shot straight-on. Road kill is too common in NC....:nono
    Thomas
    Columbia, SC

Canon 5DmkII / 40D / 24-105 F4 L / LensBaby Composer

TLKPhotos.SmugMug.com
  • toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    I love art deco buildings and you have captured this very well. A very impressive building facade in what is a very impressive era in architecture. If you like art deco buildings I have many photos of the style on my site.
    Cheers
  • EarthDogEarthDog Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    ...I was not feeling brave to cross out into the street to get the shot straight-on. Road kill is too common in NC....:nono
    I hear ya. Not worth dying for, even if the building is "to die for" rolleyes1.gif
    Once upon a time, they all lived happily ever after.