Caroline...my youngest and only daughter

SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
edited October 10, 2008 in People
Sharing a few recents of Caroline, my youngest and only daughter. Haven't shared in quite a while but a few of you may remember her from past pictures. Unbelievable how fast kids grow up. Thanks for looking.

Critique and comments are always welcomed

386190902_4qkng-M.jpg

386190916_obt2F-M.jpg

390421415_LDyTM-M.jpg

386190914_Hyvvs-M.jpg
www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 85mm 1.8
Canon 70-200L IS 2.8

Comments

• windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    i was just reading about how the financial markets sank to new lows and was getting pretty upset with almost everything and then i came to dgrin and something made me look at your post and im glad I did. She's beautiful, - she is without a doubt a blessing and enough so that it reminds me of the "blessings" in my own life and now things dont seem as bad as before.......
    so thanx for sharing her with us. no comments except to say once again, she's beautiful and hope to see more of her

windoze
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    they POP!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    windoze wrote:
    i was just reading about how the financial markets sank to new lows and was getting pretty upset with almost everything and then i came to dgrin and something made me look at your post and im glad I did. She's beautiful, - she is without a doubt a blessing and enough so that it reminds me of the "blessings" in my own life and now things dont seem as bad as before.......
    so thanx for sharing her with us. no comments except to say once again, she's beautiful and hope to see more of her

windoze

This has to be the nicest reply I have ever had to any of my posts whether on this forum or others. So glad she could add something positive to your day as she adds so much joy to mine always. Times are tough but I have to think that this is a wake up call to all to bring us back to reality. So many of us have been living beyond our means for too long. Things will get better in time. I feel for people like my dad who are scrambling at such an age to keep from losing the only retirement they have. They don't have the luxury of time. Sorry to ramble...thanks again for such a nice compliment.

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
    edited October 9, 2008
    Qarik wrote:
    they POP!

Thanks so much!!! thumb.gif

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Beautiful child and perfect pictures! Which lens did you use may I ask? I really like the bokeh!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
    edited October 9, 2008
    Beautiful child and perfect pictures! Which lens did you use may I ask? I really like the bokeh!

Thank you for looking and commenting. She is pretty special!

I believe I used my 50.1.4 on the first two. The third is the 70-200 2.8 and I think the last is the 85 1.8. I bought that lens about two or three years ago and may have used it only a few times. Great lens...I just don't pull it out of the bag often.

My new thing is shooting from a ladder or step ladder. I think I shot these at 2.8.

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    She is such a pretty girl. And these shots are gorgeous. Great color and light and comp. I hope you share more often! I always appreciate your work. clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited October 9, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    She is such a pretty girl. And these shots are gorgeous. Great color and light and comp. I hope you share more often! I always appreciate your work. clap.gif

Elaine...how are you. Appreciate you taking a look and leaving the nice comments. Will try to share more often. Caroline doesn't pose for me as much as she use to. Your stuff is looking great as well lately.

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Oh, I am just in love with #2. And #1 is close behind. Just stunning stuff, and adorable girl you have there!
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Gorgeous photos, beautiful daughter (with a beautiful name). I was just looking through your gallery on your website. I love the shots of the stuffed animal with the feet. The preschool plumber's crack cracked me up! I teach little ones and see it all the time.

Caroline
    carolinepoe.smugmug.com
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Fantastic set of photos! What is your post processing method?
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    Those pics are just fantastic & she's too adorable for words!!! iloveyou.gif
    edited October 10, 2008
    Oh, I am just in love with #2. And #1 is close behind. Just stunning stuff, and adorable girl you have there!

Thanks so much Heather!

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
    edited October 10, 2008
    Gorgeous photos, beautiful daughter (with a beautiful name). I was just looking through your gallery on your website. I love the shots of the stuffed animal with the feet. The preschool plumber's crack cracked me up! I teach little ones and see it all the time.

Caroline
    carolinepoe.smugmug.com

Yes it is a beautiful namethumb.gif I get the plumbers crack from her often..lol...

Thks for commenting

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
    edited October 10, 2008
    Heather appreciate the kind words.

Shatch...Let me see what I can share on PP. I actually do different things based on the picture. Here are a few things I do that are consistent.

I shoot RAW and when I bring it into photoshop, I always set black and white points in curves which gives it a little boost. Next is levels usually at 10,105 and 250 or there abouts. These adjustmensts are always in luminosity mode. Contrast is in luminosity mode as well.

For color pop a few things:

Duplicate layer and set to soft light and or duplicate layer>gaussian blur>soft light and lower opacity.

Sponge tool sparingly to saturate colors. I use alot of layers utilizing the different blend modes with masks.

Nothing exciting really in processing but lately I shoot completely manual watching the histogram and the photos coming out of the camera have gotten much better.

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    Ya know Shane.....I really love your processing and your ability to capture the essence of a subject. Very nice series. It's great to see inspiring work.thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited October 10, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Ya know Shane.....I really love your processing and your ability to capture the essence of a subject. Very nice series. It's great to see inspiring work.thumb.gif

Thanks a bunch Swartzy for stopping by and commenting. You know it has taken me quite a while to get to what I feel is my comfort zone with my photography. I feel like I have finally reached that level. Nice feeling and the wonderful comments sure help!

Have a great weekend. thumb.gif

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8