Options

Customer can't see my images?

MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited October 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have never had this happen before so I'm reaching out to you guys to see if you can diagnose this. One of my prospective customers went to visit my site at 360photostock.com and in every single gallery everything was in view.......

except the most important part: the thumbnails and images!

I got on the phone with them and found out they are using Firefox 2.1 xxx (?) and I went into their Firefox content tab and all the boxes are checked (load images automatically etc.)

Since this has never happened to me before, I'm assuming it's a security or firewall setting but wanted to see what you thought?

So it's ONLY the thumbnails and images that are not viewable, inside every gallery. My header, footer are all there, including the gallery nav bar and header nav bar.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Markjay
Markjay
Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
Canon 20D - no more film!

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    I have never had this happen before so I'm reaching out to you guys to see if you can diagnose this. One of my prospective customers went to visit my site at 360photostock.com and in every single gallery everything was in view.......

I got on the phone with them and found out they are using Firefox 2.1 xxx (?) and I went into their Firefox content tab and all the boxes are checked (load images automatically etc.)

Since this has never happened to me before, I'm assuming it's a security or firewall setting but wanted to see what you thought?

So it's ONLY the thumbnails and images that are not viewable, inside every gallery. My header, footer are all there, including the gallery nav bar and header nav bar.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Markjay

My wild guess would be that something in their configuration is blocking the execution of javascript. In the Smugmug view, the images are dynamically generated with javascript (that's how they fit them to your window size). One work-around they could do is to view your images in one of the other views that doesn't require javascript such as traditional or all thumbs.

My guess is that the Smugmug help desk is well equipped to troubleshoot this kind of issue if you want to try there too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Markjay wrote:

Markjay

In firefox preferences content tab - beside load images automaticaly is a box for exceptions. click on this and make sure that your site isn't blocked here.