Options

Barn

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited May 4, 2005 in Holy Macro
OK, I liked the look of the barn, but as you can see by the fence, it was on someone elses property and I wasn't in the mood to bother someone with permission to take pictures of their barn, so I couldn't get closer and play with my 10-22 lens.

I'm bored by this shot, but I kind of like the B&W version. However, I'm not sure it's because "I want to like it," or because it's decent. Please help. I have thick skin. Wail away. Thanks.

21198023-L.jpg

21198024-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    My first impression? I like the color one much more, in fact I think it's quite good. I like the contrasts, it gives definition. The B&W... It's got good details, but just seems to be lacking something. Thats as honest as I can be. thumb.gif

AJ
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 3, 2005
    Stop whining. This is a great shot, really nice. thumb.gif Nice composition, beautiful colors, nice light. All around goodness.

I would probably like the b/w just as well but it appears to be over processed. Did you do something in post?
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    Keith the 1st one has a wonderful tone to it thumb.gif
    Really gives a lovely feel to your image clap.gif
    The B&W seems to harsh to me ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    Thanks all.

I think I went a little overboard with the shadow and highlight tool in trying to empohasize the wood grain.
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    I also prefer the color. Nice job on the wood grain on the B&W though. It think this shot would be a lot more interesting if you cropped it tighter on the right side of the barn. Right now it just looks like a barn in the middle of a picture.

mitch
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005