Vasquez Rocks

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited October 10, 2008 in Landscapes
Some shots from this famous place. Vasquez Rocks is a park in Los Angeles County just north of LA. Hence it's been used by numerous TV shows and Movies, mostly for westerns and science fictions (Star Trek TV show and Movies IIRC).

Anyway, it's rather a small place and we went back for a couple of hours. I guess I'm into high contrast b/w's that day. Just experimenting I guess. Some shots from the day.
1. Those are people at the top of the rock.
390394810_uaQp4-L.jpg

2. IR themes.
390364825_6fcGF-L.jpg

whole gallery is hhttp://tomyi.smugmug.com/gallery/799369_tYnct/1/390364825_6fcGF#139866890_U4Vihere.

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 10, 2008
    nice contrasts in your b/ws. The first one looks like it has a tinge of magenta...but maybe its my brain??
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    Nice shots of a pretty location. I like the processing/high contrast. Tiburcio Vasquez was an interesting personality. Some say he was trained to be a thief by the best, by Joaquin Murrieta.
    Anybody can do it.
  • kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    nice shots!
    I used to go out there with my telescope. Good dark skies. :D
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    nice contrasts in your b/ws. The first one looks like it has a tinge of magenta...but maybe its my brain??
    I think I see it as well.

The dark sky is a red filter effect from Canon's DPP and some burning in as well.

Thanks all.