Options

18+ NSFW: Ongoing feedback thread

ClubFlysClubFlys Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited October 13, 2008 in Go Figure
Ok.. so I have several shots which I had originally considered not to be good for addition into my progressing Nude/Bodyscape portfolio. I shared a couple of the images with some local photographers and friends. They all have expressed that the images are very good and wouldn't mind spending some money on buying large prints.

So, I figure I would post them here.. one at a time.. and gain the feedback of the veteran photogs of Dgrin. I plan to add on to this thread as I add a new potential portfolio image for feedback and critique.

Thank you in advance!

First images which I would like some feedback on...

img9972kd1.jpg

img9973tm2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    I am not a veteran, at least not in this subject, but I do like your photo, the light is great in my point of view, very appropriate for this situation, the background is kind of hot, but it's not bothering.

I do wish that you did not cut of her fingers... and the crop is kind of tight on the top side.

Keep it up!

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    ClubFlysClubFlys Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback. The above shots were from my first attempt at this. I kept forgetting about cutting of fingers and such. There is one shot, which I am not very fond of which does have her fingers in the frame. However, on the left side of the shot... my flash was seen in the frame as well. So I have had to crop it to keep the flash out of the frame.

I just added it to the initial post of this thread for review as well since it is the only shot from the set of similar pose that has the entire hand and upper body in frame.
  • Options
    Kayaking-N-SCKayaking-N-SC Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    The lighting and the depth of the shadows on her is great in the first shot. I think you need to keep the background in mind next time. That closet door distracts from the line of her body. And the shelf(?) in the corner...
    Thomas
    Columbia, SC

Canon 5DmkII / 40D / 24-105 F4 L / LensBaby Composer

TLKPhotos.SmugMug.com
  • Options
    WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    The second shot is much better in my opinion, great light and the pose is better. love the way the breast is framed by the underwear. The pillows are a bit distracting but not much, they can easily be cropped or cloned out.

Great work!

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    AlexanderAlexander Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    I prefer the landscape version, it really fills the frame very appropriately.
    Good lighting and contrast, too!
    Life is different.