Comments requested

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited October 10, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
OK, should this be printed, and hung on the wall, or thrown away? Should I disavow any responsibility for this image, or stand up, and take what comes?

Oh, alright......it's mine and I likes it, but I would really like to honestly know what other see.

Thanks,

Sam

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    i feel that it matters not what anyone says.

if you like it...well thats all thats needed right?

anyway, i think i might like it too, but im embarrassed to say i dont know what i should see...if it had some type of title to help me enjoy what it is...???
    Aaron Nelson
  • iamprof40iamprof40 Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    What is it?
    it is interesting, but what is it?
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    i feel that it matters not what anyone says.

if you like it...well thats all thats needed right?

anyway, i think i might like it too, but im embarrassed to say i dont know what i should see...if it had some type of title to help me enjoy what it is...???

Hi Aron,

Thanks for your response. You are right about what's most important is that the photographer likes the image, but that said I am at times really curious about how others perceive / receive / see an image. Especially the more abstract type of image.

I should have articulated my question a little differently. The question I tried to ask wasn't what you see, but more like how do you see it? Are the colors, shape, flow pleasing to the eye, or is it just a jumble of color with nothing to hold your view, or stimulate your imagination?

The actual image isn't really important, but since you asked this was taken with Skippy at the Stinehart Aquarium in the California Academy of Science located in Golden Gate Park San Francisco.

Here is another taken at the same time.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    I don't think I'd be so quick to toss it. :D
    What I see is somekind of 95% OOF abstract thats most unusual
    and unique. The varying OOF / IF areas are a bit distracting but gets
    over ridden by all the other eye candy. Its pretty cool & way different.

Are these exotic sea slugs of some kind? I think I see 3 main somethings,
    a centipede & a couple other things? Michael
    Michael
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    To answer your question, for me, Yes, the shapes and colors are interesting.
    Michael
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    I like the first abstract (part of a giant clam?). The spiny object is a bit distracting...is it part of a brittle star?
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
    edited October 10, 2008
    JenGrace wrote:
    I like the first abstract (part of a giant clam?). The spiny object is a bit distracting...is it part of a brittle star?

Jen,

Your better than I am at identifying sea creatures. I think this is part of a clam. Getting a usable shot through glass, and water is a real hit or miss operation, and unfortunately I didn't write down the names of all the creatures I attempted to photograph.

Sam
    edited October 10, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    I don't think I'd be so quick to toss it. :D
    What I see is somekind of 95% OOF abstract thats most unusual
    and unique. The varying OOF / IF areas are a bit distracting but gets
    over ridden by all the other eye candy. Its pretty cool & way different.

Are these exotic sea slugs of some kind? I think I see 3 main somethings,
    a centipede & a couple other things? Michael

Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear...I wasn't gona toss it. :D

I tend to see the world differently than most. At time I have been hailed as a genius. At other times people slowly back away while frantically dialing 911, and asking for mental health professionals to get there quick. :D

Hence The request to have input with regards to how other see the image.

Sam