First crack at #10

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited October 11, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
This isn't really what I meant to do as I still have my other idea to try and get to over the weekend, but I was itching to shoot something today and I guess I'm feeling cynical.......... :huh

I think it needs a reshoot if I use it because the composition is a bit haphazard, but... as a basic idea? C&C welcomed.

"Election Year"

IMG_1560selection.JPG

Comments

• WomanWithACameraWomanWithACamera Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    This isn't really what I meant to do as I still have my other idea to try and get to over the weekend, but I was itching to shoot something today and I guess I'm feeling cynical.......... eek7.gif

I think it needs a reshoot if I use it because the composition is a bit haphazard, but... as a basic idea? C&C welcomed.

"Election Year"

IMG_1560selection.JPG

I like the idea of this. The play money mixed with real. I think most of us are feeling cynical lately. I would do a couple more reshoots on this to get different perspectives.
    :D A Smile A Day...Keeps The Uglies Away. :D

http://annasphotos.smugmug.com
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    you are on to something here...
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Thanks ladies. I'm not sure if I like it for this or not, but it did satisfy my urge to take pictures yesterday! I also played around with the dice (an excuse to try and figure out how to expose for white-on-a-white-background), but that's just moving too far away from the theme... (was a decent picture, however :)

If this weekend's shoot doesn't play out I may come back to this idea, however - thanks for the feedback. Appreciated thumb.gif
  • CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    I like the idea but I agree the composition isn't perfect. Use of narrow depth of field can be a great tool -- the problem here is that there is no obvious point of interest within the in-focus area (unless you count the corner of the bills). The nice thing about this setup is that it lends itself well to a reshoot - no dependence on weather or such things! :D