Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    The last 5, in my opinion, are beautiful! The post-processing work on these particular are superb. Great work.

The 4th and last.....would you care to share your lighting on this? Off camera flash and/or post-process vignette? These 2 are def my faves.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    Thanks Idlewild, I appreciate your comments.

Both are lit with a 36" softbox and sb800.
    The 4th one I added a gold reflector from the top left. Then I darkened the entire photo to create a spotlight effect from the softbox. Darkened and blurred. Dodged and burned selectively.

The last one the sunlight was coming throught the red leaves behind her.
    then I created a spotlight effect with the softbox from the top left then I dodged and burned selectively.
    The darkening and blurring really intensifies the colors plus a little contrast sometimes.

It doesn't hurt that the d700 has intense colors and these are taken in natural, I bet vivid is really crazy color.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Just beautiful.....thanks for the heads up! All the same lens?
  • RustydivaRustydiva Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    These are just awesome...such great colors!!
    You need to do a tutorial on your color process!!
    Just awesome!
  • WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif I would also love a tutorial on this!!!!

The photos are great, the one with selective color I don't like, the leaf looks like a pepper... the rest are superb!!! I also agree that the last one is the best! the light is just amazing!

Thanks for sharing.

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Thank to all for your nice comments.
    Tutorial....Hmmmm.
    There really isn't much to it.
    First of all the d700 has awesome color, these are taken in natural picture control.
    I initially process the photos in Lightroom which has two different color saturation bars. One for the normal stuff and another which brings out the smaller less dominant colors.
    The pictures are kept dark which greatly enhances the color, with a small contrast boost.
    Then I normally darken the edges still further, this accentuates the color even more.
    ON some of them I do a shadow blur with the NIK filters which accentuates the color even more.
    I am trying to create moody mystical lighting...it is a work in progress.
    Not sure the seniors really like this stuff. I have a hard time drumming up senior pictures business.
  • DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Holy crap. #'s 4, 6, and 8 are just amazing. Very fantastical. I love them!!! Great work! clap.gif
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Great Photos!

If they see these photos they should request you too shoot them.

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com