Hope you like this one

Peter McLarenPeter McLaren Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited October 20, 2008 in People
Taken in our honokaa studio,check it out and let me know what you all think....Natural lighting of course!

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Her shirt looks blown out to me.
    I think it would have looked better if, only some of her hair was pulled around to the front.
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • BlakerBlaker Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    This photo doesn't do a whole lot for me- the monochrome doesn't enhance the photo.
    We can only see one eye, and she isn't making eye contact, but she isn't quite looking off to the side either. She is not pulling me into the photo. Also, the pose is very static.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    I have to agree with the others. Nothing draws me into the photo and her main focus is way too much hair. I would like to see her in a different way. I bet she is a pretty girl.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Well I want to like it...unfortunately this just looks like a mugshot of an unhappy girl.

Way to bright, shirt is blown.
    Too close to the background.
    Model looks mad about something, pretty face is covered with hair.
    Pose looks like a mugshot..

If you are in Hawaii...get her outside and make use of some of that amazing scenery you folks have there.
    This is a pretty girl..I hope you can find a way to show it.
    Good luck!
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Everything is over exposed.
    I think in general your photo is over exposed, not just the dress...and the wall or whatever it is...resembles noise...not too flattering...select the wall area and use Gaussian blur to fix that...then adjust your exposure.

Also try cropping the image so that her right arm isn't just shooting off into space.

Not only does the hair hide her face, but she has a huge amount of fly-away hair that should have been cloned out.

I've pulled your pic and made some adjustments if you would like to see them, I will post my fixes. Let me know.

If your model isn't smiling, then try to have her project that, "full of confidence in your face," attitude.

Hope this helps.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Peter McLarenPeter McLaren Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    yes
    Ed911 wrote:
    I think in general your photo is over exposed, not just the dress...and the wall or whatever it is...resembles noise...not too flattering...select the wall area and use Gaussian blur to fix that...then adjust your exposure.

Also try cropping the image so that her right arm isn't just shooting off into space.

Not only does the hair hide her face, but she has a huge amount of fly-away hair that should have been cloned out.

I've pulled your pic and made some adjustments if you would like to see them, I will post my fixes. Let me know.

If your model isn't smiling, then try to have her project that, "full of confidence in your face," attitude.

Hope this helps.

Please , lets see the improvements so that we can all learn.
    Peter
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    I like it actually. I wish the other eye was uncovered and stray hairs removed, but other than that...
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • sharon333sharon333 Banned Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2008
    I like the picture as well. Can't wait for the improvements.
    edited October 13, 2008
    OK How about this one?
    Taken in our honokaa studio,check it out and let me know what you all think....Natural lighting of course!

Ok guys, this is for those that didn’t like one eye covered It’s also for those who thought the last image was over exposed………………………..What about this one?
    Same modelmwink.gif
    Same photo shoot:D
    Different lighting clap.gif
    Different Hair makeupthumb.gif
    Same Wall Prop
    edited October 19, 2008
    Alterations...
    Sorry it took so long...been very busy...projects and out of town. I don't trust my laptop's screen, even though it's calibrated, to make photo adjustments.

This is what I would do with her. You could do something different, or nothing. (Others liked it just the way it is.) I don't like the arm shooting off into nowhere. I don't particularly like the crop. I can go either way with the pose. It depends on what you are doing with it. Not all models have to smile.

1. Adjusted the exposure. The entire photo was slightly over exposed. Nothing can be done with the blown white shirt as it has gone to white...no evidence of an image here.

2. Minor curve adjustment

3. Sharpened the face

4. Removed fly-away hair

5. Blurred the background...because to me, it resembled noise from a badly under exposed image...even though it was the texture of the wall.

6. Enlarged her right eye, since in the original it looked smaller that the left eye...what you could see of it. Possibly she squinted a little from the light. The adjustment is not very evident here...mostly because it was a subtle alteration.

7. Popped the lips using "levels." Because, she has beautiful full lips

8. Adjusted the nose. Narrowed the bridge and reshaped the end of her nose.

Of course, what adjustments you make are dependent on what you want to do with the picture.

All adjustments were made in Photoshop CS3. This just shows you what can be done in ten or fifteen minutes...maybe a little more.

Your Original.
    397456744_FQQtu-M.jpg

My adjustments.
    397456769_cBnS4-M.jpg

Ed
    edited October 19, 2008
    Aloha
    Ed911 wrote:
    Sorry it took so long...been very busy...projects and out of town. I don't trust my laptop's screen, even though it's calibrated, to make photo adjustments.

This is what I would do with her. You could do something different, or nothing. (Others liked it just the way it is.) I don't like the arm shooting off into nowhere. I don't particularly like the crop. I can go either way with the pose. It depends on what you are doing with it. Not all models have to smile.

1. Adjusted the exposure. The entire photo was slightly over exposed. Nothing can be done with the blown white shirt as it has gone to white...no evidence of an image here.

2. Minor curve adjustment

3. Sharpened the face

4. Removed fly-away hair

5. Blurred the background...because to me, it resembled noise from a badly under exposed image...even though it was the texture of the wall.

6. Enlarged her right eye, since in the original it looked smaller that the left eye...what you could see of it. Possibly she squinted a little from the light. The adjustment is not very evident here...mostly because it was a subtle alteration.

7. Popped the lips using "levels." Because, she has beautiful full lips

8. Adjusted the nose. Narrowed the bridge and reshaped the end of her nose.

Of course, what adjustments you make are dependent on what you want to do with the picture.

All adjustments were made in Photoshop CS3. This just shows you what can be done in ten or fifteen minutes...maybe a little more.

Your Original.
    397456744_FQQtu-M.jpg

My adjustments.
    397456769_cBnS4-M.jpg

Don't know if its just me or what but i cannt see your photos I just get to white box's with a red cross. Everyone els's images are showing up just fine. Anyone else have this problem????

Peter
    edited October 19, 2008
    Links are fixed
    Ok, fixed the links.

Sorry about that. Me and links for some reason are at odds...Laughing.gif...

Ed
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Ok guys, this is for those that didn’t like one eye covered It’s also for those who thought the last image was over exposed………………………..What about this one?
    Same modelmwink.gif
    Same photo shoot:D
    Different lighting clap.gif
    Different Hair makeupthumb.gif
    Same Wall Prop

I like this new one Peter. I also think this one looks better:
    397456769_cBnS4-M.jpg
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited October 19, 2008
    I Agree
    evoryware wrote:
    I like this new one Peter. I also think this one looks better:
    397456769_cBnS4-M.jpg

Got to agree i also like it better than mine, looks a lot better with the arm cut off..........Guess I will have to photoshop her a little bit more, Mahalo & thanks Ed
  • kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    First image needed to use a diffuser, and
    the second one needs better focussing
    for sure you have a good taste of choosing your models